Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Jayryan
#238536 just wondering if anyone new how to brighten up my paint work just got the car and want to make it gleam like
By OleFolk
#238542 Mothers
Getting any really good wax
Or wash and shines

They do make a difference if your serious :thumb:
By asianrob
#238560 professionally buff it.
By patlsherry
#238563 Meguiars Ultimate Compound
By chrono404
#238704 Image

Meguiars 3 Stage Wax, Its Literally a Mirror. After that I only had to wash off the road dirt and even now 4-6 Months later its still this shiney. Granted most of those 4-6 Months it sat in a Garage and wasn't driven during that time.
By Flatland_EG
#238743 A clay bar does wonders for paint as well.
Both Mothers and Mequires makes one and they're easy to use as well.
By 92_eghatch
#247924 look into the german company called menzurna. it's a 4 step process that goes as far as removing spider webs in the paint. it's like 120 for the kit, but well worth it.
By dbrooks
#247975 ^^^ my uncle uses that on his old mustangs and it DOES WORK!
By Vti93T
#248015 yeah use the mother's claybar and then go over it with a couple coats of wax and it'll protect it and make it shine.
By 92_eghatch
#248095 you don't get any protection from glaze though. glaze is basicly a compound leveler and swirl remover. that's why it's: compound, finish cut, hand glaze, then wax. or even a cleaner wax then wax or even poly sealant.

been doing it for years.

if you're serious about doing it right, you should go as far as buy the right buffing pads for the compound you're using because each color pad has a different cut or abrasiveness associated with each compound. black foam pads are always a polishing pad. white is always a heavier cut, and etc etc etc...

just do some research.