Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By cjw_89
#230887 So i got a set of power spon mirors.The cf has been removed and they need to be painted.What grit sand paper should i get,wht primer,what paint(black)..I want to make them look as good as they can with spray bombs.NO HATING please.Also the wiring is another question.Buddy snipped off the plug ins :x Now i have to figure out which is up,left,right,and down.A picture request is at hand anyone 8) ??
By cjw_89
#230993 noone has wired a spoon mirror into thier car?
By Ajax1989
#231010 someone that has will chime in, but for the sanding start wit a real light grit, you dont want to mess up th plastic, wet sand it with like 400-1000, then dry it ans wipe it down wit some acatone or some degreaser, and then prime/paint/clear

i painted my whole car wit spray paint
(i was tired of the primer look)
but i used krylon from walmart its like 3-4 bucks a can

or go down to ur local parts store and you can buy dupli-color car paint
just wat ever brand you go with make sure you use the same brand primer and clear, not all paints will work with each other(know from experince) or you can go down to a local paint shop and they can mix the color of your car into a spray can for like 20-30 bucks and u can match the color if that is what you want

just take your time and read the directions of the paint!
By cjw_89
#238825 Can anyone clarify which is which in terms of wiring. my factory female end has three wires and the mirrors have three wires
By mADmAN
#239368 dont know if this is safe to do.... and whether or not itll burn anything...but perhaps a lil trial and error on the wiring?

i dunno anything about the wiring...heck, i didnt even know there was a powered version of the spoon mirrors til i read this topic lol....but anyway..

since u only need to figure out which wire is for which direction...perhaps plug in 1 wire at a time and press the switches to see where it moves to and which ones connect?