Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By bk_civiceg
#229581 Is there a trick to painting the exterior door handles? I recently painted my car champ white, but left the door handles black. I'm wanting to paint them champ white to match. Is it best to leave them on the car or take them off?
By TeeHizzleNizzle
bk_civiceg wrote:Is there a trick to painting the exterior door handles? I recently painted my car champ white, but left the door handles black. I'm wanting to paint them champ white to match. Is it best to leave them on the car or take them off?

I painted my door handles black, and I couldn't get the door handles off at all without breaking something. So I just decided to tape them off and paint them
By 1ACarlos
#283545 That's what i did as well when I painted the ones on my old Civic a few years ago.
By asianrob
#283565 they are easy to take off!!!!!

pull the door panel

unbolt the 10mm

you will then run into a clip

you can pull the door handle off and undo it with like needle nose or what ever. but when you get to this point you will be like omfg i didnt know it was this easy!
By crazy-88
asianrob wrote:they are easy to take off!!!!!

pull the door panel

unbolt the 10mm

you will then run into a clip

you can pull the door handle off and undo it with like needle nose or what ever. but when you get to this point you will be like omfg i didnt know it was this easy!

I'm going to respray my car. it's good to know the door handles come off this easy. I already removed the side trim with some forum help.