Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By undeadone069
#218621 on of my back door handles is broken and i was thinking of shaving them. has anyone shaved ther door handles. and does anyone know the best way to go about doing this?
By Ajax1989
#220341 take off the handel and weld some metal in the hole and grind lay some bondo filler and sand down then prime then paint..

it would be ezier to just repalce it
cuz if u shave them u gotta put door poppers and the price of all this you can just get a new door..lol or just a new handle
By JUICE
94_jdm_ferio wrote:take off the handel and weld some metal in the hole and grind lay some bondo filler and sand down then prime then paint..

it would be ezier to just repalce it
cuz if u shave them u gotta put door poppers and the price of all this you can just get a new door..lol or just a new handle

this.

plus, shaved handles are wack anyway
By RottenEg6
#221111 My civic actually has shaved door handles. What I did was took off the panels and cut the metal bar which connects to the door handle. I threw on some door poppers which is basically just a motor that shoots forward. I connected the door pop metal bar to the motor and hooked it up to the remote on my alarm. To get out from the inside of my car I hooked up 2 buttons which pop the doors.

hope this helps a bit :thumb:
By 93hatcheg
#221112 they are cool on lowered trucks where everythihng is shaved but on hondas its wack. my buddy had a 00 si and everytime the batter dies you gotta crawl through the trunk....
By undeadone069
#222026 well im kinda getto. im only shaving the back doors and im not putting poppers. just ill open them from the inside. when they need to be opened. i have only used my back doors like 3 times in over a year