Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By eminem790
#213653 a couple months ago this person rear ended me at a red light..the hit wasnt hard but it did manage to dent my bumper and pushed in the frame where the bumper is scrwed on to...i already bought a bumper and cf trunk...now with this frame..it looks like its welded but i may be wrong...is there a way i can pull it out or fix this without taking it to a bodyshop....
By Adrian91
#213689 you can. just wouldnt recomend it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhGQUsOxBTM
kinda like this, be if you are gonna do it be very careful, id heat up the frame a bit first, and go slow. But dont hold me responsible if you mess anything up
By Adrian91
#213690 just take it to a body shop, it would make the vehicle safer to drive
By berg89
#213704 Can we see some pics of the damage :?
By eminem790
#213707 yea i had that in mind but after seeing that car get pulled like that ill just go for a body shop..ill post up pictures later today and if someone can tell me around how much would this cost..it doesnt seem like a complicated job but since were talking body shop here its gonna be pretty high im guessing.
By ghskid06
#217130 Ever get it worked out?

you dont have to do it like that. If you check out my page, we did it using a truck also, but we had the other side of the car strapped to a tree. If you trust the driver its not a bad way to go. Just dont have them jerk it like in this vid. Put it in 4wd remove slack and slowly pull it. What they did is find for not having the car strapped down to keep it from moving, but we found strapping it and easing into a pull worked to best. If you choose to do this be careful about where you tie off your car, dont want to pull something out that was strait. In your case since its the rear of your car you could just use your front tow hooks, take your bumper cover off though. Good luck to you.

The body shop quoted me about 1000 dollars to pull my frame, it cost me about 4 hours and a couple bucks in cas for the truck to get it pretty darn close. We didnt get it perfectly strait because we were doing the front end of the car, but so close that when i took it back to the shop the price dropped about 750 dollars.