Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 93hatcheg
#205581 Alright guys so I painted my bay and now I'm going to lay down the clear coat and the can says it must dry under heat lamps at 140 for 2 hrs and then 7hrs at 70. Well what would happen if I just let it dry at 70 for like 24hrs or so? I don't have heAt lampd :([/img]
By breez
#206161 Well essentially baking a car after paint is a good way to help it cure. But in your case 24 hours should be good enough that's always enough time when I paint anything .
By Torch_Ind
#206166 is there not a section that says how long for flash time or dry time without heated like that?

you may have got clear that requires baking and it may never or take months to cure if it does not say it on the can? ask the body shop or place you got it from before you do it!!!!! would hate to see all your work go to waist and have to chemical remove it and have to start over from scratch!!
By breez
#206170 Ok that's true but at the same time reg. Can spray says 7 days to cure I never go by that even when I was in a body shop we would bake cars for no more than 2 hours and they were sent off to get buffed no later than the same or next day .