Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 93hatcheg
#205116 Hey guys I'm about to go spray my engine bay and get my car up again! I'm using a 2 stage paint, phantom grey and clear. I'm curious if anyone has any tips for painting since this is my fisrt time. I know I can do it no doubt but all tips are appreciated. Thabks guys ill prob be sprayin around 6 tonight
By asianrob
#205121 tape up any thing that needs to be taped up. fuel lines, brake lines etc. power steering pump brackets and what not.
By Chance
#205122 Degrease/clean the fawk out of it first! Use a toothbrush even in small spaces!!!
By Ajax1989
Chance wrote:Degrease/clean the fawk out of it first! Use a toothbrush even in small spaces!!!

x2 and dont touch the bay with your hands b4 you paint due to the oils

CLEAN CLEAN the living shit outta of it
By jayEGR
#205148 iam thinking on do this my self but what paint should i go with , since i have my motor out and i can do sumthing while i save up for the rest of my parts :thumb: :thumb:
By hatchie
#205157 obv got the cleaning part down but make sure you prep it .....

sand, primer, sand, paint, sand, paint, sand, clear, sand, cut and buff if possible

and then look forward to a piece of glass for a bay :hehe:
By 93hatcheg
#205160 Thanks guys for the tips I sprayed the bay and the fing c@ar quest I got a quart of paint and quart of reducer and then likr a tiny ass bottle of activator :cry: so I only got like 2guns worth of paint. Plus I dint have enough light so I couldn't see the spots I missed so basically wedsday I get to go back over it :(