Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By D-Per4mance
#216994 Little addition to this DIY. It will be better to use Tamiya TS-73 spray paint instead of the PS version. The PS version is for the Lexan body's used on rc cars and has some very agressive chemicals in it to stick to the rc car body. This may damage the surface of your corners and this paint dry's a little flat. The TS 73 gives a better shine.
By 92civic_vx
#217315 where did you find the duplicolor metalcast orange? all i can find anywhere around me so far is red blue and purple..
By ghskid06
#217317 nicely done. looks good. i might consider this, but is there ever any major problems with chipping?
By chrono404
ghskid06 wrote:nicely done. looks good. i might consider this, but is there ever any major problems with chipping?

The Orginal ones on the Sedan have no had a problem despite almost always being outside in the elements. The Delsol also hasn't had any issues with the newer method. However its mostly garaged and only taken out on Nice days anymore.

All the Corners we have done with the newer method have all turned out really good and stayed nice.
By Xaser
#217339 Loving the finish on the latest method and would love to do this myself, but as always can't find any one who stocks the Dupli-Color metalcast over here :(
props on a great DIY though :thumb:
By ghskid06
chrono404 Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ghskid06 wrote:
nicely done. looks good. i might consider this, but is there ever any major problems with chipping?

The Orginal ones on the Sedan have no had a problem despite almost always being outside in the elements. The Delsol also hasn't had any issues with the newer method. However its mostly garaged and only taken out on Nice days anymore.

All the Corners we have done with the newer method have all turned out really good and stayed nice.

Nice, ill be trying this out then. Thanks.
By familyEGuy23
#217343 Kragen or O'Reily (same thing) has the Duplicolor Metalcast Orange :thumb:
Autozone and pepboys don't carry orange don't bother with them
By markie88
#217567 awesome..
do you have to take the front bumper to be able to take the corner lights out? sorry imma noob
By ShEfA
#217568 Well, I don't know about the DelSol, but on the Hatch they come right off just by unscrewing a single screw on each corner. No need to take off anything!
By 92civic_vx
#217650 i just did this to my corners thursday using the newer method. i think they turned out good despite having a valve failure with the can of metalcast. lol. thanks 4 the great DIY...

By kingjmack
#224925 Has anyone taken their corners apart and painted them from the inside?
By dawg316
#226410 cant find orange metal cast orange in canada at all. canadian tire just has red, blue, smoked, and purple metal cast. fuck need some orange. might aswell just use tamiya. gotta give the 4 door a lil present for christmas :D
By carbonfibreMY
chrono404 wrote:Teal Posted up what Paint to get paint your stock usdm corners into Amber. I Didn't get the same paint but this is how I Painted my Corner lights, Figured I would post up a DIY.

List of Parts:
>- Tamiya ps-43 translucent orange Paint
>- Steel Wool
>- Corner Lights

1) Take off your Corner Lights
2) Clean off the Corner Lights Thoroughly, I only needed to Rub them off with a Rag.
3) Scrub with Steel Wool, This gives the paint area to stick to.
4) Paint, Use light Coats.
5) Install Lights after Dry

After:

Installed:

hey man great job on the DIY :)

thanks for sharing such useful information one thing i need to ask , i just bought the Tamiya TS73 paint too but how long do i need to wait for 1 coat to dry - if my 1 coat is 2 passes from left to right and right to left.

please advice :P
By chrono404
#281205 how long? idk few minutes in decent weather. just make sure they are not sticky.

Adding clear coat would be a good idea. The super glossyness on my Delsol Corner lights are not as glossy anymore. Im sure If I used clear they would be. However the EG Sedan Corners are still glossy and mint looking with no clear.