What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By zeppelin101
Dippin_EG wrote:^ just stating what is in the ASE Natef approved training book. And if you really put your mind to it, if the camber is negative enough, you can see that it will put an uneven amount of stress on the wheel bearing, leading to wheel bearing wear.

Define "negative enough"?

As I said, I'd call -2 degrees more than enough for most eventualities. You would only want more if it was a track slag.

You can't just blanket camber as being bad just because it might give you uneven wear, it really isn't that simple.

I've run -1.75 deg camber on my car for a good few months on the road driving enthusisatically. My tyres have worn completely evenly, because the toe is neutral (I would have prefered some toe out if on track though). You have to take into account that camber migration depends entirely on the amount of suspension travel you have so I maintain my viewpoint of "it isn't that simple".

Also got to take profile into account as a lower profile tyre is going to have less give in the sidewall, which will contribute to uneven wear. However, on 195/50/15s the sidewall is a reasonable size and there is enough give in the wall for the whole tyre to remain in contact with the road at all times. I would only have a concern if you drive at high speeds in straight lines all the time as you will heat the inside up more than the middle or outer parts of the tyre.
By Dippin_EG
#109963 its cool. dont feel like arguing my point anymore. :whatever: :lol:

and riding with "a ton of camber" would definitely wear the inside of the tire regardless of toe setting. / \
By zeppelin101
#110046 lmao I never said it wouldn't hence why I keep saying "within reasonable limits" or maybe you're ignoring that bit and not actually reading anything in my post?
By Dippin_EG
Jdm_Katie wrote:I never had an issue daily driving my car with a ton of camber 8)

^ 8) a-yay-a-yayee.

its all good though, i should of been more specific. :D
By Greasedmonkey
Dippin_EG wrote:
Jdm_Katie wrote:I never had an issue daily driving my car with a ton of camber 8)

^ 8) a-yay-a-yayee.

its all good though, i should of been more specific. :D

She did have quite a bit. -3 to -4 something like that. tires lasted 2+ years like that. Tires are effectively balloons in a sense. they will conform to the flat surface. Just adjust the tire pressure and have the toe set right and the tires will last a long time. you will still get even tire wear.