What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By chrono404
VegasCivic wrote:Get a good alignment . Toe kills tires x10 faster then camber. Depending on the tire itself will also determine the wear. Remember that :thumb:

x2

I love Negative Camber, Helps so much in the Turns. Toe changes when you lower your car. Toe wear is what kills your tires. So when you lower it make sure toe is set to "0" and your tire life will be much longer.

:thumb:
This info has already been posted. Just wanted to back it up again. :thumb:
By hatchie
#109176 theres a couple ppl on the internet that have tucked sportmax rims before so i deff believe i can

ok my offset is 38 i just did more research on them

here a pic with my rims tucked on diff car of course
By Civic_HatchSI
#109219 I have been having rubbing issues forever! I ran 16" with 205/45/16s for two years with a 3" drop.

I recently installed a set of 15" with 185/55/15s and have no problems at all!!! My car is as low as it can go with no rubbing :0)

I still have my camber kit up front and in back, but yes the tires do wear quick on the inside with out one.

By Vti93T
Civic_HatchSI wrote:I have been having rubbing issues forever! I ran 16" with 205/45/16s for two years with a 3" drop.

I recently installed a set of 15" with 185/55/15s and have no problems at all!!! My car is as low as it can go with no rubbing :0)

I still have my camber kit up front and in back, but yes the tires do wear quick on the inside with out one.

It doesn't matter if you have a camber kit or not. A camber kit is not going to save your tires from wear. Getting the toe adjusted will save the tires.
By Greasedmonkey
hatchie wrote:theres a couple ppl on the internet that have tucked sportmax rims before so i deff believe i can

ok my offset is 38 i just did more research on them

here a pic with my rims tucked on diff car of course

with the +38mm offset, it will stick out 20mm more than say a LS meshie, so it totally doable.
By zeppelin101
#109288 If they had been ET0 you would've recieved immediate baller status for pokey out wheels and stretch. I would have demanded arch pulling antics to occur also if this was the case.

However it's not. I hate tyre tucking personally and low offsets with stretchu and arch work is the way forward.

I will demonstrate this on my next motor.
By hatchie
zeppelin101 wrote:If they had been ET0 you would've recieved immediate baller status for pokey out wheels and stretch. I would have demanded arch pulling antics to occur also if this was the case.

However it's not. I hate tyre tucking personally and low offsets with stretchu and arch work is the way forward.

I will demonstrate this on my next motor.

please explain in dumb words for me :lol: like i said im still a newbie to this whole thing soo some terms or words you using i have to google them lol

but anyways so all i have to worry about right now is the fact of rubbing with 16's?!?! right?
By Vti93T
#109421 yeah because if you are going to lower it to tuck tire then you are probably going to rub.
By hatchie
#109425 it'll prolly only rub on he fender liner though right not a big deal though?
By Graham
Dippin_EG wrote:Mad camber= mad tire wear=more money on tires=less money on good honda parts= mad honda enthusiast = camber FTMFL.

Fail :thumbdown:
By Dippin_EG
Graham wrote:
Dippin_EG wrote:Mad camber= mad tire wear=more money on tires=less money on good honda parts= mad honda enthusiast = camber FTMFL.

:oops:
By Vti93T
#109557 Toe= mad tire wear :roll:
By ee8
Jdm_Katie wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:I have been having rubbing issues forever! I ran 16" with 205/45/16s for two years with a 3" drop.

It doesn't matter if you have a camber kit or not. A camber kit is not going to save your tires from wear. Getting the toe adjusted will save the tires.

so true!

toe in will save tires......
By zeppelin101
Dippin_EG wrote:
Graham wrote:

:oops:

Camb0r = grip = better tyre feedback = much nicer to drive = win
By hatchie
#109685 good responses ....so i've decided that i gunna try it but only thing is ... is that i have to sell my skunk2 springs and buy coilovers and then i wanna buy skunk2 shocks to go along with it..... so i gotta wait on the whole dropping the car more till i get more money saved up for car parts