What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By eg-civic-racer
205-50-15 has more grip on the road with it's wider track 195-50-15 have "ok" handling lol if you got the cash go for some BFGrich G-Force Dry and wet or Falken azenis are good too

Funny you should say this cause it was the Falkens i was just looking at!!

Was going to rub down the alloys before having the tyres put on and them paint them once the new tyres are on, half deflated?

Seen one guy who used beer mats the protect the tyre? :?
By chicken rapp
#8740 Ok, please do research from tire manufacturers before you trust what you hear on this site. About the only thing I agree on is the use of either a 205/50R15 or a 195/50R15 tire. As far as people making claims that a 205 is "wider" and henceforth going to be "grippier"... that's all a bunch of rubbish (a.k.a. it's a load of bullshit). Yes, the width of the tire does in fact make a difference, however, with tires as closely sized as a 195 and a 205, you're going to see a MUCH bigger difference out of the compound than you are the size. Tires with a softer compound tread patch and a stiff sidewall are going to be your best bet as far as handling goes. The downfall, is these tires tend to ride rougher, be louder, and wear out faster. I'd recommend reading reviews, looking at tread ratings, looking as compound and traction ratings, etc.. as opposed to just buying a tire simply because it is a bigger size.

A few good tires to look into -->

Falken Azenis
Falken Azenis RT615
Advan A048R-S (Soft compound)
Advan A048R-H (Harder compound.. at least than the S)
Kuhmo VictoRacer V900 (I think thats what it is)
Kuhmo Ecsta MX (Good inbetween of handling and comfort)

The list can literally go on and on. Do research and read reviews and specs on the tires. It'll be a lot more useful than listening to a bunch of garbage you hear on an online forum filled with 15 year olds.
By chicken rapp
#8744 So you're telling me I need to be nicer? Perhaps you should go back and read my intro thread.

And BTW, if you don't paint your wheels white, you're a queer.
By eg-civic-racer
#8747 This is gettin funny by the way!!! Actually made me laugh out load there!! Thanks :thumb: