What fits best, Weights & Sizes

which tire??

56%
33%
11%
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#296776 so ive been looking at 2 sets of tires and im hoping i get some feedback from you guys to help with my decision....im looking for something that will help with handling and long lasting...these are the 2 i came up with

Yokohama S.drive -
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... mpare1=yes

Dunlop Direzza DZ101-
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... mpare1=yes

Kumho Ecsta AST-
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... toModClar=

if you know of any other tires that are similar please share your thoughts...keep in mind im trying to stay within $60-$80 price range

BTW..the tire size is is going to be 195/50/15

EDIT: found another tire
Last edited by 1-low-92-EG-Sedan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 92civic_vx
#296780 the yokohama is a good tire. i have no experience with dunlops, but we sell yokos at my work and i have had heard nothing but + comments on the s.drives. both of the tires you have listed are roughly 30k mile tires.
By Wicked
#296790 I like my S.Drives 195/40/16's. They do make some tire noise though. If you've ever been in a truck with super swampers its simliar to that but much more subtle. And only at higher speeds 50+. It just started on my first rotation. Other then that big difference in handling. Ive prolly put about 10K on them so far.

Extra information depending on the sidewall size you get. The road is going to steer you. You will catch every line in the road.
By bigpunn421
#296793 205 50 15 might be same price. what size are the rims? width
By bk_civiceg
#296824 Go with the Direzza's. Love em. :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#296865 Ive had both you will enjoy either of them. both have great reviews and do well in wet weather. S. Drives are what I have now and are great for daily use some auto x stuff.
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
EJ1_MK wrote:Ive had both you will enjoy either of them. both have great reviews and do well in wet weather. S. Drives are what I have now and are great for daily use some auto x stuff.

did you see a big difference in tread wear??
By EJ1_MK
1-low-92-EG-Sedan wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Ive had both you will enjoy either of them. both have great reviews and do well in wet weather. S. Drives are what I have now and are great for daily use some auto x stuff.

did you see a big difference in tread wear??

No I really didn't I ran the dunlops on my 98 ej8 back in the day and they lasted about a year or so with extreme abuse I might add since I was a teenager and didn't understand that shit cost money lol. The S. drives are great I have them at about 45 -50 psi all around and they are really solid tires and great for the price. This year I will be putting them on my new DD and hope to get a few seasons out of them since I only put like 2000 mile on them last year or less.
By cesardavid
#297331 Hey guys i have a dx ej2 what type and size rims should i get ? Width too, and tire specs ? Keep in mind i want fairly WIDE tires
By EJ1_MK
#297334 pretty good sizes is 15x6.5 or 7 with a 195 50r15 of 205 50r15
By rated-EG
#297336 kumho ecsta, i got them on my car, fukin awesome!
Last edited by rated-EG on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cesardavid
#297337 You think 17's are too much ?
By EJ1_MK
cesardavid wrote:You think 17's are too much ?

the right offest and tires size it can be done but the are usually quite heavy unless you drop a bunch of money and you can lower the car as much because of how tall the rim and tire are together.