What fits best, Weights & Sizes
By iroccu
teal_dx wrote:
iroccu wrote:Ive done this several times. Polish only is cool but youll be polishing them all the time if you dont clear them. If you clear them with wheel clear coat you will only have to spray them off when washing the car or used wheel cleaner. That would be why wheel companys clear there wheels before selling them, even the polished ones.

Just keep a coat of automotive wax on them and they will keep their shine. Mine look as good as they did 2 yrs ago. Of course, don't even think about using them in winter where they put salt on the roads. Companies clear coat because the average consumer doesn't think about taking care of the finish, just washing the wheels. Even harsh cleaners can begin to corrode bare aluminum. Wheel companies save themselves the headache of warranty complaints because people are too lazy/busy to take care of their bare polished wheels.

Good points... Thats the point i was making that it makes for easy maintenance, but its not neccessary. By the way teal, your DIY was great, the wheels looked great. :thumb:
By egsedanguy
matt is (eg6) wrote:white with purple lip!!! ftw :woot:

lol ya that kind what i was thinking. i think ima paint the rotas white with a purple lip. buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt i also want to get another set of rims and polish those. that way i have the options of changing rims whenever i want. i want somthing with a nice offset and deep dish. i have seen some that i like that are polished and are sexxxxy. but i dont think i can swing an extra set of wheels right now im kinda broke and have other things to do with the car first, like paint it lol. but i will do a polished set of wheels. if a set of rims come round for cheap i might just pick them up and polish them then flip them for a lil more :thumb:
By misir00
#122163 TAKATA GREEEN :thumb:
By egsedanguy
misir00 wrote:TAKATA GREEEN :thumb:

well that wont match to what i want, green wheels with a purple bay. barney mobile lol. i told my buddy with a eg coupe thats championship white to do his green. well he did the calipers for now lol.
By misir00
egsedanguy wrote:
misir00 wrote:TAKATA GREEEN :thumb:

well that wont match to what i want, green wheels with a purple bay. barney mobile lol. i told my buddy with a eg coupe thats championship white to do his green. well he did the calipers for now lol.

oh i didnt read the whole post :D so i didnt know your bay was purple
even a burnt lip would look nice because it has that purple shine to it but that cost some money, i saw a nice black em1 on green wheels today, it look sexd :woot:
By egsedanguy
#122373 lol well the bay is not yet purple but it will be. im painting my car pearl white. so purple was the color that poped into my head cause both colors compliment eachother. plus i kinda like purple :lol:. but im lost on what i want. i just wish i had the place to put on eny type and color rim and if i dont like on to the next set. but thats just a dream lol.
By robster
#122421 How about black/polished lip

or sinse you whant a purple bay--> full front of the wheel white and the inner side of spoke and inner side of the rim in purple!