Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By inxekure
#100760 Earlier today when I went out to lunch, I noticed this loud dragging noise from under the car. I thought it was the mugen lip that i installed last week. I got scared and pulled over to see. It wasn't the lip! Luckly. BUT there was nothing hanging down or stuck under my car. This noise comes when I hit the brakes and slow down and when I start off going. After about 10mph It goes away. Could it be my front brakes? And yeah its coming from the front.
Do I need to change my brake pads? Or is it something else? I am so clueless at the moment... Please help me, thanks. :D
By JUICE
#100763 cant tell if its the brakes?? is it a grinding metal on metal when you hit them?? if so thats whats left of your pad ruining your rotors
By inxekure
#100765 Doesn't sound like metal on metal. It actually doesn't do the dragging/scrapping noise every time I hit the brakes. Its sounds very close to umm If you have a bottle stuck under your car and its dragging on the floor or a bumper hanging and its dragging on the floor.
By hotrodcivic
#100767 OMG!!! the odds of it being your brakes is there however, it's probably the DUST GUARDS, if it's from the front (the noise) pull a wheel off and have a look, (backs as well if DISC BRAKES) odds are that it's old and has warped from brakes heat and folded over, ya really don't need so take em off, problem solved......lol, let me know if this helps ya, cheers
By hotrodcivic
#100770 No worries, if it is the dust guards, it's FREE to rip em off, lol
By sandycheeks
#100797 did you take your bumper off when installing your lip?? if you did behind the front of the wheel arch liner there is a splashguard type thingy from the arch liner that sits on top of the front bumper (from the inside) near where all your airbox noise prevention boxing is. when i fitted my duct this had come loose was doing 70 and nearly shat myself from loud scraping like a bottle as you say, worth having a look.
By inxekure
#100816 Okay so this morning when I took my gf to school. The car seemed to be fine... Till like 10mins later of driving. I heard it again. So when I got back home. I took apart the front wheels.. Nothing seems to be bent or anything.

And yeah I did take my bumper off when I installed my lip but... The splash guard is up right. I still can't tell what it is! ;\
By Classiccarsrule85
#100826 something has to be loose if it ahppens when you are driving and you dont see the exact cause when your stopped and the dust sheild is behind the rotors and id put your car in neutral with the tire on and rotate and see if you hear any sound its tough to look at the sheild and say yep thats it you need to listen for it