Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By mage182
#49518 I was changing my rear pads yesterday. Turning the piston in on the passengers side went fine and I didn't notice any problems on the caliper end for the ebrake cable. But once I finished up and tested the ebrake the passenger side wasn't engaging. I took off the center console hoping to adjust it and found that the cable was stuck in the pulled position and only the drivers side was working. However, even with the cable stuck in that position the wheel still spun freely nomatter what position the handle was in.

Any ideas?
By BAXTER_EJ1
#49529 It's a cheap part, mine was like $20 or something, it's probably worth it to just take it out and replace it. You don't want something like that failing on you in an emergency situation. Not worth the risk imo.
By VegasCivic
#53982 check that little star nut, the one you spin to adjust the pads. Mine was stuck and caused the same problem. just remove it and break it loose.

Make sure all the teeth from the e-brake cable are seated. Also when I was installing my rta bushing I just took off the brake lines. The E-brake line had to be disconnected. Later when re-installing I had the problem of the cable not being in the proper place witin the drum itself. This cause it to not let go also