Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By civicexracer
wolfman93 wrote:Not just gonna be driven as a daily. I'll be using it in autocross, road racing and daily driving. I'm thinking just upgrade to the abs front knuckles off 92-95 ex/si cuz they are bigger than the ex without abs and do the rear disc conversion and run ep3 brakes out back and upgrade my mc and prop valve. I'll be running 17" Konig feathers with Nitto Neo Gen tires.

Unless you're frequently going to the track, have a good amount of experience and have a fairly high hp car, there still is no need to go crazy with your brakes. If you are going to be running 17" wheels with those Nitto Neo Gen tires, you're biggest limiting factor will be those crappy tires. Having a BBK or strong bite in your pads will not allow you maximize your braking if you don't have the grip. Those tires will over heat in no time on a track and get real sloppy. Braking distance will increase and you may find yourself locking up the brakes or feathering the pedal to avoid lock up.

For autox, speaking from 8 years of personal experience, you do not need any sort of crazy brake kit for a civic. Hawk HPS pads work well for most autox civic applications. The HP+ pads is the most I would go for any autox civic, and all of that applies for the street as well.

Like my last post, keep it simple and get some good pads. I'd suggest some stainless steel brake lines if you want a little better pedal feel and response and also to prevent expansion if your hot lapping on a hot track day.
By wolfman93
#332556 Ok so I just broke a steering knuckle on my dx. Guess im going tomorrow and get a set from an integra. Figure I may as well replace both since one broke. Going with new Megan racing inner and outer tie rod ends. And might as well replace ball joints.