Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By yashep
#33203 Hey guys, every morning when i accelerate my brake light turns on. at first I thought this was because of low fluid but the reservoir is full. all four corners have new pads and rotors and its been doing this for 2 or 3 days now. when the car is cold and i accelerate the light comes on, when it warms up it stops doing it. does this happen to any of you guys before? is it something i should worry about? the only thing i'm suspecting is a bad booster but is not leaking and is 1 year old, so it shouldn't be giving problems. Any help guys would be appreciated.
PS
don't know if this is the right place to post but is brake related... :P
By ChicagoMike
#33205 E-brake handle popping up a lil bit under acceleration??
By yashep
ChicagoMike wrote:E-brake handle popping up a lil bit under acceleration??

it could be, but will it do it even on a light acceleration? besides the cable is not very loose. Does something else come to mind? I have no idea what it could be, but I'll check the cable you never know. Thanx Mike :thumb:

Another thing i notice is that it only comes on when you accelerate under load if you just rev it doesn't do it. and once it warms up it stop doing it.
By ChicagoMike
#33208 The other thing is possibily a bad brake light switch. :?
By yashep
ChicagoMike wrote:The other thing is possibily a bad brake light switch. :?

I'll check the switch to see man this is f..cked up, i can't think of anything else. Thanx mike for all your help.
By york62
#33276 Does your E brake work alright?

i wonder... and this is far out there, but what if when your accelerating something is moving in the brake assembly on the hub in the rear of the car, causing the light to come on. would also explain why it only happens under load...

maybe you could have the car running get out of the car, and push down on the bumper, and see if the light comes on.
By yashep
york62 wrote:Does your E brake work alright?

i wonder... and this is far out there, but what if when your accelerating something is moving in the brake assembly on the hub in the rear of the car, causing the light to come on. would also explain why it only happens under load...

yea my e breke is good. You know, that could be a posibility and now that you mention things moving on the brake assembly i'll have to check cause when I turn the wheel to the left it makes a sound on the right back tire like some deep scraping sound (metal to metal), not screeching like old brakes. but then again those might be the pads that need some grease :? . thanx man I think i'm gonna disassamble everything and check for any broken/missing/ loose parts. let you know how it went.
Thanx you sirs.
By ohDirka
yashep wrote:
york62 wrote:Does your E brake work alright?

yea my e breke is good. You know, that could be a posibility and now that you mention things moving on the brake assembly i'll have to check cause when I turn the wheel to the left it makes a sound on the right back tire like some deep scraping sound (metal to metal), not screeching like old brakes. but then again those might be the pads that need some grease :? . thanx man I think i'm gonna disassamble everything and check for any broken/missing/ loose parts. let you know how it went.
Thanx you sirs.

definitly check that..metal on metal sounds are never good
By yashep
#33864 fix it!!! finally found what was wrong with the brakes. the light was turning on because the cable that's inside the reservoir was loose and any time the car move it made the light turn on. i don't have any idea what it is, maybe is a sensor or something, all i know is that i put it back together and it's fix. and about the sgraping sound was what i thought it was, the pad needed grease. thank God it was only that, and not some expensive thing that broke or something. -phew-

thank you gentlemen for all your help. :thumb: