Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By choness2004
#281795 All,

Am looking at getting rear discs on my EG but I am also looking at getting the front and rear discs upgraded to some of the biggest they could be as I will be tracking my car.

Ive been told brakes off a 1.8 MGZR are rather big and are good to get for a EG but has anyone else got any other suggestions?

Thanks.
By asianrob
#281901 what is the 1.8MGZR?

for something bolt on.

i would go with the integra GSR brakes or since you guys have the sir i would swap those over. just make sure you get teh correct ebrake cables for your car.
By choness2004
#281953 A MGZR is like a sporty rover :)

Thats great info thanks :)
By chris_barnes
#282319 Dude, ur in the UK, just get the brakes off a VTI Saloon - 280 front, 260 rear - more than enough. Make sure 2 get the master cylinder and the servo, you will need them too. The only problem is that hubs are 4x114.3 :(
By asianrob
chris_barnes wrote:Dude, ur in the UK, just get the brakes off a VTI Saloon - 280 front, 260 rear - more than enough. Make sure 2 get the master cylinder and the servo, you will need them too. The only problem is that hubs are 4x114.3 :(

VTI's/SIR's etc are 4X100 not 4x114.3 96-97 JDM spec ITR's( And i suppose EDM spec) were 4x11.43

so no problem there.
By mitch6
VTI's/SIR's etc are 4X100 not 4x114.3 96-97 JDM spec ITR's( And i suppose EDM spec) were 4x11.43

so no problem there.

yea as asianrob stated the ITR swap from 96-97 JDM spec has a 4x114.3 lug pattern.

I did this swap to my eg up here in Canada, and it should be more than enough braking power for such a small car. Just make sure you put in the 1" ITR Brake Master Cylinder (mine is non ABS cuz i dont have ABS) and the ITR Brake Booster that goes with it...

Here is a link to the site I bought them from, not too sure if you can ship to the UK though :?

spindles:
http://www.torontojdm.com/cart.php?targ ... string=dc2

Rims + Spindles:
http://www.torontojdm.com/cart.php?targ ... string=dc2

Here are some Pics: