Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Lines & more- OEM and Aftermarket
By josh93coupe
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
josh93coupe wrote:Wait, so if a 60/40 is 60% front 40 % rear... With a 40/40 would you have 20% of un used breaking power.

the fronts will always do more braking then the rear no matter what
prop valve or if you got drums or disc

the 40/40 puts more to the rear, but the fronts still do more
and its more like 80% 20% for drums, the 60/40 is just what they use number wise, im sure there is a reason i just dont know them

Okay fair enough, its just somthing that i always wondered about.
By ghskid06
familyEGuy23 wrote:So if I get rear disk conversion all I need is different prop valve? No teggy brake booster or master cylinder? Is it possible to use rear disks off a civic with ABS?

The rear discs are the same with or without ABS. Minus the ABS part. If your car doesn't have ABS the rear discs will still function fine. He was referring to the prop valve being different.
By TOPIK3900
#259502 i read along time ago that you should upgrade your master cylinder to from a 94-01 teggy just cuz of the valving sizing of the cylinder to get the absolute most out of your swap. But im sure in normal day to day driving it wont matter too much but out on the track like i said it should benifit between the stock master...
p.s pre 94 masters off of teggys do not fit.... i know from experience :(
By roy93
#259748 I am looking also at a big brake kit. Used and it comes off an integra but it should bolt up
By familyEGuy23
ghskid06 wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:So if I get rear disk conversion all I need is different prop valve? No teggy brake booster or master cylinder? Is it possible to use rear disks off a civic with ABS?

The rear discs are the same with or without ABS. Minus the ABS part. If your car doesn't have ABS the rear discs will still function fine. He was referring to the prop valve being different.

thanks I'm looking around for rear disc swap now :thumb:
By Ajax1989
familyEGuy23 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:

yea u dont need all that teggy crap
just a 40/40 valve

and u can run DA rear brakes.
By Gustavo
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:

just a 40/40 valve

Don't mean 2 change subject/ thread jack but wat years of Acuras can we use the rear disk setup that will bolt right up 2 our eg hatch?
By Eg6H2D
Gustavo wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
familyEGuy23 wrote:
ghskid06 wrote:

just a 40/40 valve

Don't mean 2 change subject/ thread jack but wat years of Acuras can we use the rear disk setup that will bolt right up 2 our eg hatch?

DC2 (94-01)
By roy93
#286828 found a 40/40 BUT......still no good. it has 2 in and 2 out. i have 2 in and 4 out. which is no good for me!!!!! wtf do i need to doooooooo lol!!!
By Ajax1989
#286832 DA and DC rear will fit
By EJ1_MK
roy93 wrote:found a 40/40 BUT......still no good. it has 2 in and 2 out. i have 2 in and 4 out. which is no good for me!!!!! wtf do i need to doooooooo lol!!!

A 40/40 should be two in from the master and 4 out. And you can run the 92-95 civic ex prop valve its a 30/30 and won't change much with the 40/40 on the dx I would definitely put it in. Whats the 40/40 that you got look like?
By Apexracing
#286864 Running the teg booster and master is highly reccomended. When i did my swap, the brakes were slow and mushy, you need the proper master and booster to push the extra fluid. Trust me do it right the first time. If you grabbed a proportional valve from a abs car then it will not work on a non abs car. If you had any questions let me know.
By roy93
#287222 ok just reread all the info provided here. i looked at my prop valve and it says 30/30. some one on here said there isn't much difference between it and the 40/40, how true is this and what should i expect from it? cause it brakes like crap. is there an adjustment on the brake itself? also how much improvement should i see from steel braided lines?
By Apexracing
#287242 Braided lines will stiffen up your pedal quite a bit. I ran a 30/30 with my brake swap and it was fine. I do highly reccomend the teg master and booster.
By roy93
#287260 will a gsr booster and master with abs work?