Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By hmoobvwj
#343273 Alright so I have a 95 civic hatch and I am looking to set pretty low, I am already with my koni yellows/sport and egay coilovers but I am looking to purchase ground controls with 4 top hats. I don't know what custom rates I want/need. I daily my car so I don't want anything super stiff that I can't daily it but also can handle me being low low.. I am thinking 550/500, 500/450.
By TrailerTrash
#343300 just how low are you planning on going?
By hmoobvwj
#343302 About as low as the civic in your signature give or take. I'm going ot be running 15x8 0 offset, Want to sit low enough to look nice but also not make contact with the wheel/rim. Thinking 525F/450R
By TrailerTrash
#343317 if you are going that low you absolutely will not have a nice ride.

and you will need to cut the strut towers out.

and you will need to stretch some tires and have alot of negative camber to be able to fit 15x8 +0 while being that low
By hmoobvwj
#343318 yeah I am looking for 175/50/R15. some negative camber with oem or buddy club camber kits. Extended top hats. After some research probably 525F/425R - around there. Still trying to decided.
By TrailerTrash
#343319 there are no oem camber kits. i have buddy club P1s in the front on my car and they are great i highly recommend them.
By hmoobvwj
#343320 I didn't mean oem camber kits. I meant it as just stick with oem uca and no rear camber kits. But yes I am looking into bc ones since right now I have front uca skunk2 pro series and it sucks..

But any advice on gc spring rates? I've been looking at honda tech and people are running anywhere from 550-500F and 450-400R. So I am assuming I should be in that range too.
By TrailerTrash
#343328 that range sounds pretty good. i did alot of research on this last year when i was going to buy the same setup and alot of people are running rates in that range. and its not like its the end of the world if you get plus or minus 50 pounds ya know
By hmoobvwj
#343333 yeah I know what you mean. From what I have gathered with the set up and being slammed. I see integras running 550f/450r. Ef sedens with 500f/430r. All are sitting at the height I want. So I am probably going to get 550f/450R considering curb weight of my civic si hatch and the ride height I am aiming for.