Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By brandoff88
#338380 I have already decided to stay with my h&r lowering springs and get new struts, but I don't know if I should order the energy suspension master kit and redo everything on my suspension, and then get new ball joints all around, or just buy new uca/lca....im not going to rock coilovers or nothing like that...but I just don't know which would be more cost effective....obviously the bushing kit is more labor intensive and time consuming but at the same time...I don't want to spend a shit ton of money on new control arms, also I have no idea where to get regular ball joints, all I can find are extended and adjustable ones...don't need those for mostly stock suspension....im sorta in a quandary here....maybe some pointing in the right direction, I just did a bunch of research and don't feel the need to dump mass amounts of money for a racing setup suspension when ill probably never track the car legitimately, I just need some opinions and links to some regular ball joints that aren't ridiculously expensive...
By civicexracer
brandoff88 wrote:I have already decided to stay with my h&r lowering springs and get new struts, but I don't know if I should order the energy suspension master kit and redo everything on my suspension, and then get new ball joints all around, or just buy new uca/lca....im not going to rock coilovers or nothing like that...but I just don't know which would be more cost effective....obviously the bushing kit is more labor intensive and time consuming but at the same time...I don't want to spend a shit ton of money on new control arms, also I have no idea where to get regular ball joints, all I can find are extended and adjustable ones...don't need those for mostly stock suspension....im sorta in a quandary here....maybe some pointing in the right direction, I just did a bunch of research and don't feel the need to dump mass amounts of money for a racing setup suspension when ill probably never track the car legitimately, I just need some opinions and links to some regular ball joints that aren't ridiculously expensive...

IMO, save a few bucks and get the ES Master kit. It's not the best but it'll improve performance a bit and it's a decent price. Installing the ES bushings in the control arms isn't that hard. If you're going to replace the front LCA bushings, that's a good time to replace the lower ball joint since the arm will be removed. As for the ball joints, just replace them with the best you can get a like a local parts store or online. Moog is popular.

This is a good DIY for the LCA bushings. I actually used this exact DIY method on my car and didn't have any problems.
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/su ... ent-54835/