Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By KERMIT_EGK
#338208 well guys im on my lasts part of my build now i cant decied what suspension setup to do im debating on koin yellows with ground control with the tops , function form type 2 or tein super street im looking for i nice comfy ride less bounce the better i used run kyb with ebiach springs and road like a i was in a cloud so looking somthing along that line input would be greatly appreciated :thumb: [/code]
By suspendedHatch
#338212 If you liked the KYB/Eibach combo you should go with that again. That will give you the best road handling and comfort combo.

Remember that the stiffer the suspension, the LESS traction you have on bumpy and rough surfaces (everything you encounter on the street). People put racing suspension on their street cars, push them hard, and wind up in the junkyard. I see a handful every time I go.
By KERMIT_EGK
#338226 [quote="suspendedHatch"]If you liked the KYB/Eibach combo you should go with that again. That will give you the best road handling and comfort combo.

Remember that the stiffer the suspension, the LESS traction you have on bumpy and rough surfaces (everything you encounter on the street). People put racing suspension on their street cars, push them hard, and wind up in the junkyard. I see a handful every time I go.[/quote

thing is I want something ajustable but they can handle v the turns like my kyb eibach setup
]
By Uknterror
#338235 A decent coilover setup I've come across is the skunk2/blox. I've ridden in two cars that have one each at it highest spring rates and are very streetable. My friend in his hatch has the 12k/10k and his roads are absolute shit yet he easily is flying through his area even able to hit boost. Both these cars are at slightly different heights but given where we live it's not back breaking or jarring for long rides.

This one is on the 12k/10k dd

This one is on the 10k/8k dd
By KERMIT_EGK
Uknterror wrote:A decent coilover setup I've come across is the skunk2/blox. I've ridden in two cars that have one each at it highest spring rates and are very streetable. My friend in his hatch has the 12k/10k and his roads are absolute shit yet he easily is flying through his area even able to hit boost. Both these cars are at slightly different heights but given where we live it's not back breaking or jarring for long rides.

This one is on the 12k/10k dd
This one is on the 10k/8k dd

Mmmmmm never been fond of blox allways thought shity product
By Uknterror
#338271 Blox and skunk2 are the same
By KERMIT_EGK
Uknterror wrote:Blox and skunk2 are the same

Really I thought skunk2 way better than blox
By ihavesol93
#338281 I've been running buddy club n+ specs and at the lowest setting they are a comfortable stiff ride, then when I go out to the track, I adjust them about 8clicks front and 6 rear. And the cornering is about as nice as the next skunk2 set up woth a beefy sway bar.

So far, I've ran them on three cars.. 93 sol/ 91 integra/ and now my hatch. The heavier the car on them the better ride. But I love my buddy clubs.
By KERMIT_EGK
ihavesol93 wrote:Overall, a stiff yet comfprtable daily ride. But able to perform on the track on those weekends.

Oh really nice that what im looking for daily but when I want put down some numbers I want be able take it aswell
By Uknterror
KERMIT_EGK wrote:

I can't say how well these perform around corners but it allowed the white hatch (N/A B series with skunk 2) to run 13.04 at 114mph (which is a 11sec trap speed), radials on a moist track, no adjustments from street to track. The red hatch boosted b series (blox) to run consistent 11.3 with the potential to run 10's (up the boost) again no adjustments from street to track
By blk92hb
KERMIT_EGK wrote:

skunk will be better than blox. blox copies skunks products.

don't get tein, I got a sent on my and just the cost to get them rebuilt is the same price for a new set
By Uknterror
#338336 Skunk 2 makes blox......there is a LOOOOONG story about that from years back. good luck finding the article on it
By familyEGuy23
#338343 I think when I saw that story about skunk2 and blox, didn't someone from skunk2 get fired or had a disagreement and started making something similar...blox but back on topic
OP how're your roads where you will be driving?
If you liked the shock with lowering spring combo I'd go with the Koni yellows and ground control combo I've heard nothing but great things about that setup on and off the track, and I think it's around the same price as coilovers
Last edited by familyEGuy23 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ihavesol93
#338345 my 88 civic has KYB AGX struts with PROGRESSIVE lowering springs. rides a touch smoother than stock with a 2 inch drop. not a track set up though