Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By dx43525
#330890 When I go over 60mph the steering wheel vibrates? any ideas why this would be, car is fully serviced (no issues) 94 civic dx 1.3 petrol... any help greatly appreciated... 131,ooo miles on clock not lowered or modified in anyway, has 15" BBS wheels
By Aldo91
#330900 when you say car is fully service does that include the alignment and balanced tires, It could also be bad tire wear. those are just some of the simple things that could be causing the problem.
By dx43525
#330901 Brand new tyres and wheels, havent checked the tracking on car, the wheels were balanced and tracked when I got them... thanks for your help
By suspendedHatch
#330904 One of the wheels probably threw a weight. Have the balance checked again.
By rustyrex
#330905 It also could be a broken belt inside the tire. I bought rims and tires brand new before and one of the tires had a broken belt. I didn't realize it until I jumped on the freeway.
By aimotax
#330912 I have the same problem in my ej1, I also have brand new tires. When I go over 55 my car starts to shake in the front tires. So I decided to remove the front tires, and see the tire tread to see if I was getting any camber wear. To my surprise when I lifted the front of the car there was a lot of play in my passenger front tire, so I removed my wheel and noticed my bushings were all garbage. I just purchased a master bushings kit from energy and I'm going to replace the bushings this upcoming week.
By Zackman
#330919 It might be a bent rim. This could happen if you went over a bad pothole or hit a curb hard. But you should definitely give your bushings a check too, as well as your wheel weights. Good luck! Keep us posted when you find out what caused it.
By dx43525
#330976 Hi Folks

Spoke to my mechanic who advised it is probably tracking, so having it done this saturday and will keep you posted. thanks again