Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By poke410
#325226 Ello guys, a few days ago i replaced my rear lca's with some blackworks aftermarket ones (the older ones with the shitty rubber bushings) anyways the first thing i noticed is that the central bushing where the shock bolts up was the same size as the other (basically there is empty space between the sides of the bushings and the shock themselves with an exposed bolt running between the two) regardless i noticed that i had a much tougher time mounting up the passenger side lca because it didnt seem to be aligning completly straight (when i removed the older lca's i noticed one of the two was pretty bent outta whack) so the problem at hand is that the passnger side lca's squeal like dying piggies while the driver side one is completly silent, i asked my mechanic to grese em up while the car was on the alignment rack and still squels, what i think i need to do is take out the lca and completly slather the bushings in grease anyways is it common for one side of the suspenison to not allign completly? any tips on getting my bushings to shut up? Are my mediocre quality lca's in danger of busting because pressure from the suspenison parts forces them to sit at an awkward angle?
thanks guys and sorry for the extreemly drawn out explanation
By HeikDiesel
#325244 Holy smokes that hurt my eyes to read. Did you preload the suspension prior to tightening the bolts?
By poke410
#325268 i tightened all the bolts once the car was on the ground, so yes
By poke410
#325344 anyone else have any insight? pleaseeee?