Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By kylenjdm93
#324681 ive owned so many suspension setups over the last 15 years on Hondas, integras, civics...

tein is the same as blox as far as performance goes, ride quality and longevity imo

skunk2 coil over setups have always failed on me, rather spend less or more for a blox set up that will last me a while

if I feel like doing track racing I have my trusty teins.

I run blox on my eg k powered on the street to work and back, I have yet to have a problem.

SO LET ME ASK WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SET UP?
By HeikDiesel
#324696 My current setup is the one I've been the most happy with, but I do more other mods done than previous cars. I'd rank them as follows:

AMR's
Tein Flex
Koni Yellow/Ground Controls
Weapon-R
By kylenjdm93
HeikDiesel wrote:My current setup is the one I've been the most happy with, but I do more other mods done than previous cars. I'd rank them as follows:

AMR's
Tein Flex
Koni Yellow/Ground Controls
Weapon-R

do you own fixated fasteners?

id like a whole kit for my k20, engine, and transmission..

let me know
By Fada Blayne
#324716 Each is entitled to there own opinion but I honestly feel that the GC/Koni setup is the superior of the latter. If you set it up right with the a good spring rate and the top hats as well as the proper dampening nothing compares.
By HeikDiesel
#324759 Can you explain how a shelf unit like the GC/Koni setup is superior to a high end coilover like AMR?
By Apexracing
HeikDiesel wrote:Can you explain how a shelf unit like the GC/Koni setup is superior to a high end coilover like AMR?

If your buying 1000$-1500$ coilovers your not getting high end coilovers.
By Fada Blayne
#324778 Koni/Ground control

That's it. There is no other choice. It is hands down the best suspension for the money. Lifetime warranty on the shock and coil sleeve, pick your rates and easily the most used and most sold performance shock in the world. Koni has drivers all over the country with track records using their products. Anything else in the price range can't be justified over this setup. The only thing that comes close is Tokico Illumina shocks paired with ground control coilovers. Tokico also offers a lifetime warranty and a superior product for a similar price at the koni shock. The emphasis on ground control for use with these shocks is merely the ability for the individual to pick the spring rates best suited for their needs and tastes.
By HeikDiesel
Apexracing wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:Can you explain how a shelf unit like the GC/Koni setup is superior to a high end coilover like AMR?

Let's be honest. People aren't buying Moton's for their civics. 1000-1500 is high end.......
By Apexracing
HeikDiesel wrote:
Apexracing wrote:

Let's be honest. People aren't buying Moton's for their civics. 1000-1500 is high end.......

At 1000-1500 the coilovers are all the same, usually made over seas. At that dollar range they are usually all the same junk.
By Eg6H2D
Fada Blayne wrote:Koni/Ground control

That's it. There is no other choice. It is hands down the best suspension for the money. Lifetime warranty on the shock and coil sleeve, pick your rates and easily the most used and most sold performance shock in the world. Koni has drivers all over the country with track records using their products. Anything else in the price range can't be justified over this setup. The only thing that comes close is Tokico Illumina shocks paired with ground control coilovers. Tokico also offers a lifetime warranty and a superior product for a similar price at the koni shock. The emphasis on ground control for use with these shocks is merely the ability for the individual to pick the spring rates best suited for their needs and tastes.

:woot: :thumb: :woot:
By rustyrex

why did you pull that right from HT? lol
By Fada Blayne
rustyrex wrote:

why did you pull that right from HT? lol

i just had to maaan lol its been said too many times
By civicexracer
#324917 To answer the OP directly, I use Koni Yellows and Ground-Control sleeves on both of my race cars.

For my '95 EX, I started with Koni Sports with Eibach 450 lb/in front, 550 lb/in rear spring rates. Used that setup for about a year or so. I then decided to redo the suspension. I sent the Koni's out to TrueChoice to be rebuilt for 650 lb/in front and 800 lb/in rear Eibach springs. I've had that setup on that car for a good 4 years now with not a single ity bitty problem.

For my '91 Si, I raced the car when my friend owned it for about a year before I bought it last year. The car already had Koni Sports on it with Ground-Control sleeves. I raced it for a few events with 400 lb/in front and 440 lb/in rear Eibach springs. Then my friend bought 450 lb/in front and 550 lb/in rear Hypercoil springs for it. I plan on trying out a staggered spring rate setup with the car for this season, I will be buying Hypercoil springs, I plan on running FL: 600 lb/in, FR: 550lb/in, RL: 550 lb/in, RR: 500lb/in. For the 2 years I have been racing this car on Koni/GC, it's been nothing but great. And I have no idea how many miles or how much abuse the setup has seen...

And just to throw it in there, I had Koni's on my '95 Neon ACR that I RallyX'd. Those shocks held up to some SERIOUS abuse and never gave up.

I wouldn't exactly call AMR high end. Good, probably, but not that. But to answer your question, Koni is probably one of the most widely known and used shock companies in motorsports racing. I can't count how many people I know that use Koni's on their cars. They are built SOLID, that's not coming from me, that's coming from a VERY well known Koni rebuilder. They are a very sturdy shock, as my experience with off roading with them have proven to me.

Ground-Control sleeves are also a very well known and proven company. Their products are high quality, durable, and last. I've had the sleeves on my '95 for a good 5 years with tens of thousands of miles on them, hundreds of autox events and they still look and perform just like new. They also sell with Eibach springs which are very good and widely used.

HeikDiesel wrote:Let's be honest. People aren't buying Moton's for their civics. 1000-1500 is high end.......

People are buying Moton's for their Civic's, I know them. Koni/GC with new top mounts is not far off from $1000-1500.. But what's great about them, lifetime warranty, easily rebuildable, extremely durable and will probably out last the life of a ~15yr civic...

Apexracing wrote:At 1000-1500 the coilovers are all the same, usually made over seas. At that dollar range they are usually all the same junk.

Completely false...
By Apexracing
civicexracer wrote:To answer the OP directly, I use Koni Yellows and Ground-Control sleeves on both of my race cars.

For my '95 EX, I started with Koni Sports with Eibach 450 lb/in front, 550 lb/in rear spring rates. Used that setup for about a year or so. I then decided to redo the suspension. I sent the Koni's out to TrueChoice to be rebuilt for 650 lb/in front and 800 lb/in rear Eibach springs. I've had that setup on that car for a good 4 years now with not a single ity bitty problem.

For my '91 Si, I raced the car when my friend owned it for about a year before I bought it last year. The car already had Koni Sports on it with Ground-Control sleeves. I raced it for a few events with 400 lb/in front and 440 lb/in rear Eibach springs. Then my friend bought 450 lb/in front and 550 lb/in rear Hypercoil springs for it. I plan on trying out a staggered spring rate setup with the car for this season, I will be buying Hypercoil springs, I plan on running FL: 600 lb/in, FR: 550lb/in, RL: 550 lb/in, RR: 500lb/in. For the 2 years I have been racing this car on Koni/GC, it's been nothing but great. And I have no idea how many miles or how much abuse the setup has seen...

And just to throw it in there, I had Koni's on my '95 Neon ACR that I RallyX'd. Those shocks held up to some SERIOUS abuse and never gave up.

I wouldn't exactly call AMR high end. Good, probably, but not that. But to answer your question, Koni is probably one of the most widely known and used shock companies in motorsports racing. I can't count how many people I know that use Koni's on their cars. They are built SOLID, that's not coming from me, that's coming from a VERY well known Koni rebuilder. They are a very sturdy shock, as my experience with off roading with them have proven to me.

Ground-Control sleeves are also a very well known and proven company. Their products are high quality, durable, and last. I've had the sleeves on my '95 for a good 5 years with tens of thousands of miles on them, hundreds of autox events and they still look and perform just like new. They also sell with Eibach springs which are very good and widely used.

HeikDiesel wrote:Let's be honest. People aren't buying Moton's for their civics. 1000-1500 is high end.......

People are buying Moton's for their Civic's, I know them. Koni/GC with new top mounts is not far off from $1000-1500.. But what's great about them, lifetime warranty, easily rebuildable, extremely durable and will probably out last the life of a ~15yr civic...

Apexracing wrote:At 1000-1500 the coilovers are all the same, usually made over seas. At that dollar range they are usually all the same junk.

Completely false...

Not completely false. 60-75% percent of the coil over market's budget coilovers are junk, they dont last. Sure they probably do ok on the street, but when put to proper use they fail.