Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By jadeydrag0117
#299185 question, i got these CXRACING coilovers (advice dont get them if you are going to dump your EGs) but anyways i got them they dont go that low maybe like approx. 3" there are the top of my tire a few cms past my tire tread.

Soooo, i wanted to lower them . and they are the kind of coilovers that you stick into the fork and you lower by screwing the mount upwards, so after i attempted to lower i lowered it to the MAX and was at this height i am now not happy with ^^^^

my idea was to CUT 3" off the threaded cylinder part
"here"
V V V V

but im wondering does the damper live in this part??? if i cut off a section will i be cutting the damper??? i'm not sure where the damper ends from the top and i dont want to destroy these coilovers i spent $700 on, cause i could have just bought some function forms!

does the damper stop from the top and end at the bottom of the thing

V V V V ?????

I really want to be lower! i want a dumped EG ! everyone says its not fun whatever i dont care and theres no changing my mind so please help!
By Punksz6
#299212 Yeah you do not want to do that! PLEASE do not do that! I haven't heard of those coilovers but if you want to go lower see if they make a lower front mount for those. I know FF makes a lower riding mount and I think K Sport does too.

Can you post a pic of the lower mounts?
By jadeydrag0117
#299223 okay i didnt know that part was the shocks...so im deffinatley not gunna cut, it thoguht that part was either hollow or just a chunk of metal... :oops: ,

is there shorter strut forks i can use??? i think that would make me lower
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:Yeah you do not want to do that! PLEASE do not do that! I haven't heard of those coilovers but if you want to go lower see if they make a lower front mount for those. I know FF makes a lower riding mount and I think K Sport does too.

Can you post a pic of the lower mounts?

heres a pic of the mounts, o

i just dont want to buy new coilovers after i spent $700 on these cxraacing ones
By Punksz6
#299248 It looks like you should be able to go pretty low...Suspension Techniques you to sell lower ride forks....Some put Ef coolovers with the Ef forks cause there shorter but then you would need those parts....

When you put them on how did you go about doing it? Since you took the whole coilover apart you will have to preload the spring again.Let me know and I will try to help or if someone else knows they could help aswell. :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:It looks like you should be able to go pretty low...Suspension Techniques you to sell lower ride forks....Some put Ef coolovers with the Ef forks cause there shorter but then you would need those parts....

When you put them on how did you go about doing it? Since you took the whole coilover apart you will have to preload the spring again.Let me know and I will try to help or if someone else knows they could help aswell. :thumb:

well what i did today is lower the spring thing and the car looks like a few Cenimeters lower, and everwhere i drive i was scraping(= good) so i like how it looks now,

so i guess problem solved :thumb: he he.

what do you mean by reloading the spring??
By Punksz6
#299300 Pre-loading meaning that the spring and collars are compressed and not loose. I am glad you figured it out though. Post some pics of the ride if you want. :thumb:
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:Pre-loading meaning that the spring and collars are compressed and not loose. I am glad you figured it out though. Post some pics of the ride if you want. :thumb:

i set it to the lowest perch :? is that bad? , figured my springs are going to be too soft..

do i have to compress the spring with the perch twisty things first?? and then set it back to the low??
i dont really understand what perloading is
By Punksz6
#299388 Its just like they were when you got them brand new. The spring is not loose and the two collars are twisted up to where the spring is not moving around.

Compressing it just a little not a lot. Do this before you put them in. And then when you adjust height do not loosen the two spring perches. How does the ride fee right now?
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:Its just like they were when you got them brand new. The spring is not loose and the two collars are twisted up to where the spring is not moving around.

Compressing it just a little not a lot. Do this before you put them in. And then when you adjust height do not loosen the two spring perches. How does the ride fee right now?

oohhhh i thought reloading was like some special process or something,

everything is good though :thumb:
thanks alot for the help,
it was alot beter than what i got on hondatech, i went there for my first time and was called an idiot, dumbass , lol but whatever, i was like screw this civic-eg.com is way better
By Punksz6
#299424 Yeah they usually are like that..Don't get me wrong.there is.very great info on there but when you wanna ask.something they tear you apart like wolves...lol

Whenever you need help just ask. :thumb:
By Punksz6
#299426 Hey sorry I have been Sick for the past couple of days and forgot the most important thing to tell you, get an alignment as soon as you can. Your car will thank you for it.. :thumb: [/list]
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:Hey sorry I have been Sick for the past couple of days and forgot the most important thing to tell you, get an alignment as soon as you can. Your car will thank you for it.. :thumb: [/list]

lowering your car changes the camber degree, but it only effect tire wear right?
By jadeydrag0117
Punksz6 wrote:Pre-loading meaning that the spring and collars are compressed and not loose. I am glad you figured it out though. Post some pics of the ride if you want. :thumb:

i got it lowered but my tires arent even that tucked, i wanna be dumped or hella flush like this pic

http://redliners.ca/forums/showthread.p ... h-Stickers

^^^^

my bumpers are like the same height as this car but my tires are still not even tucked i dont get it..:?
is it cause im only riding 15"?? , my plan was to be dumped but im so low my chasis is like 2 1/2" i cant even go lower if i wanted to get the fender pased the top part of the tire...

i wanna be low and have the tires inside the fender like the top lip of my rim at the bottom tip of my fender...
By dbrooks
#299437 Get some camber kits and I'd probably get some reputable coilovers, man. You should post up some pictures of your car. It would probably be a little be easier to understand what you want to do