Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By EJ1_MK
#297655 Full body coil overs and camber kits and find someone that can roll your fenders so you don't rub, find legit wheels and go at it.

Really most full bodies will work you will want comfort so get 8k 6k set ups function form type I would be perfect or Skunk2 ver. 2 Pro-S, d2, ksport, etc. all will be able to slam the car as you want.
By TrailerTrash
#297657 koni/gc
By Punksz6
TrailerTrash wrote:koni/gc

^This is what most people do that want the slammed look with good ride, Ground Control/Koni Yellow with Ground Control Extended top hats. Or I here AMR's are good if you want to be slammed and ride good as well.
By fresh_93si
#297690 Thanks for the reply...ive got SSR reverse mesh 15x7 + 25 now I'm just debating on what set up I should go with [img][img]http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab274/maddix04/fb40dad0.jpg[/img][/img] :?
By TrailerTrash
#297714 honestly with those wheels and tires, i would just invest in a quality full body coilover or quality struts/sleeves setup and dump it. would look badass i loove those wheels. i cant really tell how far your tires stick out past your fender lips if at all but u may need to roll them and you MIGHT be able to get aay without camber kits
By TrailerTrash
#297722 they do look pretty tall... what size are they?
By EJ1_MK
Jr_DSantos wrote:does anyone have info in Buddy Club N+ coilovers? Im thinking of going with the same "HellaFlush" look lol

http://passwordjdm.com/Buddy-Club-N-Spe ... C1611.aspx

I know of a few people that run these, they are set up for more RACE application, they have rather stiff springs so the ride will be rough, plus you will want them with upper mounts and that takes them right up to 1200 bucks so you could get FF type 1 for half that with camber kits and be able to tuck and still be able to ride nice. and still have possibly less money wrapped up into your setup and be comfortable then just in coil overs.

Just my two cents. Cause with these you will need camber kits front and rear.
By Jr_DSantos
EJ1_MK wrote:
Jr_DSantos wrote:does anyone have info in Buddy Club N+ coilovers? Im thinking of going with the same "HellaFlush" look lol

I know of a few people that run these, they are set up for more RACE application, they have rather stiff springs so the ride will be rough, plus you will want them with upper mounts and that takes them right up to 1200 bucks so you could get FF type 1 for half that with camber kits and be able to tuck and still be able to ride nice. and still have possibly less money wrapped up into your setup and be comfortable then just in coil overs.

you got a point, i got a rear camber kit already picking up the front ones soon anyways. would you rather suggest the buddy club n+'s with the upper mounts , or a pair of skunk 2 pro c's for around the same price,

I do plan on raising it and takeing it to the circuit a few times in the summer
By EJ1_MK
Jr_DSantos wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:

you got a point, i got a rear camber kit already picking up the front ones soon anyways. would you rather suggest the buddy club n+'s with the upper mounts , or a pair of skunk 2 pro c's for around the same price,

I do plan on raising it and takeing it to the circuit a few times in the summer

I love my Skunk2 Pro-C's they are amazing, every time I turned the dial on them you can tell the difference immediately. But they are extremely stiff, last year I was luck enough not to have to drive far back and forth to work, but when we would go out and cruse in groups on the weekends I would have to stop every hr or so to be able to take break from getting beat up. One friend wouldn't even ride with me cause they where to stiff, and by the end of summer, fall before I parked it I had them up to setting 9 out of 12 and yeah felt great in the corners but if I would hit a patch of pavement that was rough it hurt. I would not trade them for anything else do not misunderstand, but they are not for street use at all. As Skunk2 claims they are for the racer and competition use. Hence Pro- Competition (Pro-C) and Pro-Street (Pro-S).

Suspension is a big deal to me its what keeps the car on the ground and your tires to the pavement. I am planning on dropping my dd on full bodies soon and really want ride comfort this time with adjustment and have been looking at the FF type I or the Pro-S but I won't be tracking it at all, its a cruiser. My Green car is well getting track prepped more and more each week. So I don't mind the harsh ride. I like the hella flush look, I don't think mine fits that category but I have more tire under my car then most of them do and sit just as low in most cases.

For daily use a 8k 6k setup would be perfect as well as for mild track use or auto x. Pretty sure the buddy clubs N+ are 10k 8k or something close to it.
By bradleyg

I have these on my DD.
I have to say that the car feels amazing in the corners and on roads that are fairly smooth. Yeah, It's not a super plush smooth ride. But they just give your car an amazing "solid" feeling. It's like the car just sticks to the ground no matter what I throw at it.

I have yet to take my car to test them on the track but I can tell they are going to work wonderfully.

As for going hellaflush/slammed with them I can't really tell you. You can see here that I'm having some issues, I don't think its the suspension but more the wheel/tire combo. I want to go lower, and these still have room to go lower, but my tire is rubbing already in multiple spots. :thumbdown:
By EJ1_MK
bradleyg wrote:

I have these on my DD.
I have to say that the car feels amazing in the corners and on roads that are fairly smooth. Yeah, It's not a super plush smooth ride. But they just give your car an amazing "solid" feeling. It's like the car just sticks to the ground no matter what I throw at it.

I have yet to take my car to test them on the track but I can tell they are going to work wonderfully.

As for going hellaflush/slammed with them I can't really tell you. You can see here that I'm having some issues, I don't think its the suspension but more the wheel/tire combo. I want to go lower, and these still have room to go lower, but my tire is rubbing already in multiple spots. :thumbdown:

Did you ever look at the upper control arm? I don't think its your wheel and tire combo, cause I have the same size wheel and tires on mine. I rub my fenders more than I do the inner fender wall.
By bradleyg
EJ1_MK wrote:
bradleyg wrote:

I have these on my DD.

Did you ever look at the upper control arm? I don't think its your wheel and tire combo, cause I have the same size wheel and tires on mine. I rub my fenders more than I do the inner fender wall.

Yeah, I took it to sears because they had a "free alignment inspections" banner outside and the guys were super cool.
I didn't get an alignment but I found out that the 32mm nut that holds the hub/spindle was loose so my wheel was wiggling back and forth!
They told me that the bushings are in pretty bad shape though so I'm gonna try to replace those soon.
And now I noticed that my tires hit the pinch weld thing at the top of the wheel well! Does that happen to you?