Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By #ROBIN#
#221138 so i hear a clucking sound coming from the right side of my car when i go over a bump- put it on the hoist and find that my lower control arm bush is cracked :o
anyway i replace left and right side with oem bushes...this is the annoying problem, my car sits a finger higher infront and my camber went from -1, 24 (left side) -1,19 (right side) to -0,45 (left side) -0,42 (right side).

i am thinking the height has altered camber, i dont have a camber kit yet- but what went wrong here.

also if i fit camber kit will my ride height drop if i make the camber angle to what it was initially -1, 24 (left side) -1,19 (right side).

my car hadles like sh!t now- it handles like an ek ferio :D

thanks in anticipation :thumb:
By #ROBIN#
#221140 oh forgot to add, now my car looks like a spade- higher in front than the rear... was never like that :?
By chorean
#222093 Not sure about your sound, but if you replaced the bushings with OEM ones I don't think you should gain any height in the front or rear...

I replaced my rear ones since they were both donezo, and since I have an EG Hatch (since stock EG hatches have a lower rear suspension for some silly reason...), the rear lifted a bit, making the whole car level :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#222154 the problem you claim is infact not one. when you replace worn/damaged rubber bushes with new ones, you will get changes. they were bad for a reason. why you are worried about having less negative camber is odd. all that happened is the new bushes put shit where it needs to be.
By #ROBIN#
Greasedmonkey wrote:the problem you claim is infact not one. when you replace worn/damaged rubber bushes with new ones, you will get changes. they were bad for a reason. why you are worried about having less negative camber is odd. all that happened is the new bushes put shit where it needs to be.

because my car handles like a ship now... thanks for the help guys. i bought a camber kit, will fit when i get coil overs.

:thumb:
By chorean
#ROBIN# wrote:
Greasedmonkey wrote:the problem you claim is infact not one. when you replace worn/damaged rubber bushes with new ones, you will get changes. they were bad for a reason. why you are worried about having less negative camber is odd. all that happened is the new bushes put shit where it needs to be.

because my car handles like a ship now... thanks for the help guys. i bought a camber kit, will fit when i get coil overs.

:thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

i get a creaking sound from my rear right bushing sometimes...maybe that's the sound you were talking about? then again you said the sound came during your stock ones, so nvm.
By Eg6H2D
Greasedmonkey wrote:the problem you claim is infact not one. when you replace worn/damaged rubber bushes with new ones, you will get changes. they were bad for a reason. why you are worried about having less negative camber is odd. all that happened is the new bushes put shit where it needs :thumb: to be.

:thumb: :thumb: