Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By hensondo
#207210 So im going out to buy lowering springs tomorrow, and I don't know jack about suspension. I checked the D.I.Y section but nothing found so now I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with it here.
Last edited by hensondo on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:So im going out to buy lowering springs tomorrow, and I don't know jack about suspension. I checked the D.I.Y section but nothing found so now I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with it.

i thought you were selling your car, regardless im going to buy some springs soon or coilovers not sure yet either way im getting new shocks and stuff, also where do you buy stuff around here.
By hensondo
Tugboat wrote:
hensondo wrote:So im going out to buy lowering springs tomorrow, and I don't know jack about suspension. I checked the D.I.Y section but nothing found so now I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with it.

i thought you were selling your car, regardless im going to buy some springs soon or coilovers not sure yet either way im getting new shocks and stuff, also where do you buy stuff around here.

I get my stuff from speed factor, kijiji, winnipeg heights, or even bucks scrapyard. Also I was planning on selling my car but no one is really interested :thumbdown: so im slowly do a few mods here and there
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:If anyone wanted to see my springs here's a picture I got of them

snip

how much where and how much of a drop xD
By hensondo
Tugboat wrote:
hensondo wrote:If anyone wanted to see my springs here's a picture I got of them

snip

Sorry tug I got this off a ad on kijiji for 100 bucks lol, and he said the drop was 1.4 inches for the front and 1.2 inches for the back. I honestly can't wait :thumb:
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

snip

Sorry tug I got this off a ad on kijiji for 100 bucks lol, and he said the drop was 1.4 inches for the front and 1.2 inches for the back. I honestly can't wait :thumb:

darn well i found some decent branded ones on ebay for $150 with a 2.25" drop in the back and 2.5" in the front so i think im gunna go with those but im waiting till next year to install all parts i get cause i have to drive my car for 1 winter :thumbdown: im also gunna get new shocks and shiz as well.
By hensondo
#207342 Smart smart, im just going to buy a winter beater or use my girlfriends car and store my civic. Don't want anymore rust then I already have :(
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:Smart smart, im just going to buy a winter beater or use my girlfriends car and store my civic. Don't want anymore rust then I already have :(

same here i just got the door rust off and yet to paint $100 to paint my spots, sadly at the shop i work at *facepalm*
By hensondo
Tugboat wrote:
hensondo wrote:Smart smart, im just going to buy a winter beater or use my girlfriends car and store my civic. Don't want anymore rust then I already have :(

same here i just got the door rust off and yet to paint $100 to paint my spots, sadly at the shop i work at *facepalm*

Where do you work if you don't mind me asking and do you think they can do my quarter panels...cheap? lol :thumb:
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

Where do you work if you don't mind me asking and do you think they can do my quarter panels...cheap? lol :thumb:

i could do it cheap if you want but my shop probably not because i got quoted $100 just for paint cause ill prep it myself,
By hensondo
#207486 It's not just surface rust though tug it's like rusted through and has some super cheap bondo work done to it. If your interested still though im willing to pay you $$$ lol
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:It's not just surface rust though tug it's like rusted through and has some super cheap bondo work done to it. If your interested still though im willing to pay you $$$ lol

well id have to grind away all the rust and my shop doesnt weld metal so it would be like a fiberglass job, which means id have to take your car to my shop on the weekend and pretend i bought a new one xD
By hensondo
Tugboat wrote:well id have to grind away all the rust and my shop doesnt weld metal so it would be like a fiberglass job, which means id have to take your car to my shop on the weekend and pretend i bought a new one xD

That sounds super complicated and looks like it could get you into trouble also im not sure if i want it fiberglassed :? i'll think about it and let you know
By Tugboat
hensondo wrote:
Tugboat wrote:well id have to grind away all the rust and my shop doesnt weld metal so it would be like a fiberglass job, which means id have to take your car to my shop on the weekend and pretend i bought a new one xD

That sounds super complicated and looks like it could get you into trouble also im not sure if i want it fiberglassed :? i'll think about it and let you know

yeah im thinking maybe not cause id rather not get in trouble, as for my car the boss doesn't care me and a co worker work on his sometimes on the weekend xD