Springs, Struts, Swaybars, Bushings, Tower Braces & more
By julian_n12
#190707 Cheers, Greasedmonkey was very helpful. I will probably not bother buying camber arms now.
By DREW-EG93
#199304 my tires are worn out all on the inside and my buddy who is a mechanic says that since the wear from the tire goes from inner to middle ways its a camber problem so i picked up yesterday now just waiting for the kit in the mail.. looks nice in gold :)
By EJ1-danny
#200286 So I have a buddy club n+ damper kit and buddy club lower control arms for my 94 si I wanna slam it to the floor is there anything else I should buy that will help out the drop and the stiffness ??? I also thought I needed camber kits but I guess I don't :)
By -paul
#203713 I've recently bought and fitted a camber kit. The rear I find to have no problem but since I've fitted the front, I've had major ride problems. Going over bumps and small holes on the roads have a bigger impact on my ride at the front. Very stiff and I keep getting a 'BANG'. It's as if there's room for give.

Now after reading all this, I think I'm going back to my stock!
By Greasedmonkey
#203797 depending on the kit you got and how low you are, the upper arm could be hitting the shock tower. Let us know what you got and how low you are. pics work best.
By -paul
#204089 Exactly right mate, it was. I've gone back to stock and it's so much better. Money wasted so far... we live and learn heh.
By ImThaBean
#208558 I have a quick question. I just replaced my UCA, LCA, inner/outer tie rods and accompanying ball joints and went in to get an alignment. I knew my toe was bad and it got worse after the tie rod changes, and I got the same thing from the tire shop. "You need camber kits." To appease the guy I said, I know but for right now, just adjust the toe.

front drivers side was -1.3
front pass side was -3.69 (OUCH)

camber is:
-1.(something) on the drivers side, f/b
-2.(something) on the pass sde, f/b

The toe was set to 0/0 all around but now the car wants to drift to the left. Any one have any insight on why it would be drifting. before the hardware replacement/alignment the car ran straight but with the excessive toe wear.

And for those that asked, I found this:

Wheel Alignment Specifications
* Camber – Measurement in degrees.
o Front: 0 (range -1 to 1)
o Rear: 0.33 (range -1.33 to 0.67)
* Caster – Measurement in degrees.
o 1.17 (range 0.17 to 2.17)
* Toe-In – Measurement in degrees.
o Front: 0.00 (range – 0.16 to 0.16)
* Toe-Out On Turns – Measurement in degrees.
o Inner: 41.00
o Outer: 33.50

Torque Specifications Ft. Lbs (N.m)
* Rear Control Arm Adjusting Bolt: 48 (65)
* Spindle Nut: 136 (185)
* Tie Rod Lock Nut: 41 (55)
* Wheel Lug Nuts: 80 (108)
By Greasedmonkey
#208583 Car will drift to the side with the least amount of camber.

You should have that much of a difference between left and right side camber. Seems that something is bent or bushings worn out.
By ImThaBean
#208610 What could be bent? Everything replaced was new. The only bushing that wasn't replaced was the rear lower control arm bushings because they didn't come with the kit and look healthy.
By Greasedmonkey
#208646 Has the car ever been in a wreck? It might not be the arms and such that are bent. There are alot of things that affect alignment specs.
By ImThaBean
#208658 As far as I'm aware, there has never been a reported accident and the title is clear. That doesn't mean that it's never been in one, but I will never know at this point.

I'm just wondering why there's a drift now, but not before.
By Greasedmonkey
#208718 The guy that did you alignment didnt set it correctly.
By ImThaBean
#208726 That's what I figured. What do you expect when you pay $50 at a hole in the wall tire shop. Looks like I'll save some pennies and get it done as a reputable shop next time around.
By Greasedmonkey
#208778 The thread posts out that you do not NEED camber kits. But its up the individual to decide whether they want them or not.

If you want them, get them. Its your car.
By ImThaBean
#208787 Yeah, I know. I meant, I'll go get an alignment done at a better shop. I can care less about the camber. I just want to drive straight and not eat tires every 2-3 months when I drive the 4 miles to work daily.