In Car Entertainment & Security
By jaysauce
#111143 I am about to install an alarm system in my EJ and was wondering if there is any other way to tap into the lock unlock wires without going to the door? I have looked at wiring diagrams and they say that there are wires in the drivers kick panel that you could tap to while others say that you have to get to them at the door.

For those of you with alarms in EX, can you please let me know if there is a way to tap the lock/unlock wires inside the car without having to run wires to the door?

Thanks....
By suspendedHatch
#111154 Unfortunately the door lock module is in the driver's door. You need the two wires going from the switch to that module.

Actually if it's a 94 or 95 then there is a two pin blue plug behind the fuse box according to my info. But if it's an earlier year you're screwed.

Unless you want to 5-wire the yel/red and wh/red wires. Those come in through the door grommet and go to each actuator. If you really insist on going this route and you can't figure it out on your own, then pm me again. I'll have to think about it for a while and probably have to draw up a diagram.