In Car Entertainment & Security
By egsedanguy
#87377 ok this morning i was driving to work and was on the freeway. i down shifted to pass a car and when i took off my sterio just shut off. no power at all. i checked the fuse on the unit and was good. and checked under the dash and fuse was also good. i checked the wires on the deck and there good not ripped. WTF? anyone have this proplem or know were to fix. i am afraid the deck fried but i would think the fuse is there to prevent that right? any sugestions please. thanks guys.
By Classiccarsrule85
#87381 well if you know someone with a spare deck or something id try that in there that fuse behind the deck normally dose protect it but sometimes its just there for the power and not the circuitry inside. but yea id try to find another one to quickly check in there then you can see if thats your real problem if the other deck dose not work Id hate to just clearly to the wiring but it could be that harness itself that runs from the fuse box under the dash to the dimmer switch cluster, rear defroster and the radio....also other stuff if have on the car....but yea its a simple change over however i would first definately try another deck. and like i said if that dosent work n fuses are fine it would lead me to beleive that harness is at fault.
By egsedanguy
#87387 ya i will try another deck. i tested the positive and the ground from the harness and both a perfect. there is powere and there is a good ground. that alone should turn the deck on. its a 3 year old pioneer deck. it was the top of the line at its time. i had to have it sent out once for the internal fuse that powered the sound to be replaced. well i hope i can try another deck asap. if it works well you know what that means.
NEW DECK :thumb:
By BLACKS' COUPE
#87398 have you tried chaning the fuse thats in back of the sterio? most sterios have an extra fuse in the back to prevent it from frying the actual stereo. I had a similar problem with my stereo, it wouldn't turn on and the fuse was ok but when i took it apart the back where the harness goes, the soldering wasn't really done right. I bought a soldering gun for $10 bucks and did it myself and it worked fine after that. I haven't had any problems since and that was 4 years ago.. If you don't want to do this yourself just take it to an electrician who will then open it up and tell you whats wrong then its up to you if you want them to fix it. Hope this helps
By ohDirka
#87411 did you try yelling obscene words at it? :lol:
By smokinsoljah420
BLACKS' COUPE wrote:have you tried chaning the fuse thats in back of the sterEo?

x2 with better grammar lol! Im willing to bet thats the problem. But that doesnt usually blow unless you have done a couple of nono's. [smilie=nono.gif] or the person who installed it.
By egsedanguy
D15kid wrote:did you try yelling obscene words at it? :lol:

o ya i did. punched it slaped it and going to make it sleep out side :x . Having bad day now.first i found a bolt broken off in my newused head.then my sterio stopped working and have no money to finish my interior. this whole week has ben nothing but going in reverse. :(
By BLACKS' COUPE
#87449 smokinsoljah420
i was typing really fast since i was at work and same thing happened to me. lol
also i need some help with something you already encountered so i'm going to PM you in a bit, if thats ok? :? Plz help
By suspendedHatch
#87490 There are two types of power to the deck. Constant and Accessory.

How did you verify that power was good.

Most likely you have some bad insulation and connections done on your wiring, ie twisted and duct taped.

Once you get your wiring sorted out, pop your hood and replace that blown 7.5A ECU backup fuse.
By egsedanguy
suspendedHatch wrote:There are two types of power to the deck. Constant and Accessory.

How did you verify that power was good.

Most likely you have some bad insulation and connections done on your wiring, ie twisted and duct taped.

Once you get your wiring sorted out, pop your hood and replace that blown 7.5A ECU backup fuse.

first off i used a volt meter just to let you know.
second my wiring is not twisted and duck taped. and who the hell uses duck tape for wiring? i thought it was electricle tape? and i think my soldiring job is just fine.
and third the first thing i checked were all my fuses under dash and under hood. and to let you know i traced it back to the accesory wire on my ignition was loose. was not turning acc. on. but i take it you found this type of thing out first hand with you duck tape and twisted wires right? :thumb:
By blk92hb
#225807 ok i know this is old but im having that same problem the radio just went off as well as the clock. i checked the fuse under the dash but its good. does anyone have any idea of what it could be??
By Method
blk92hb wrote:ok i know this is old but im having that same problem the radio just went off as well as the clock. i checked the fuse under the dash but its good. does anyone have any idea of what it could be??

check the fuse under the hood. i can't remember the name of the fuse, i think it's called "back-up fuse"
By blk92hb
#225849 ok i didnt check that yet. i checked the fuse under the dash and behind the stereo
By mooze
#225921 im with method on this...ive had the same thing happen to me before