In Car Entertainment & Security
By OmarG
#81444 I have a diesel audio (cheapo) 10 sub w/dual voice coils amped with some generic handme down amplifier. The setup worked great in my friends hyundai (however you spell it) but when hooked up in my civic, it sounds awful. Whenever I start up my car, the sub seems to pick up the sound (EMI?) and it makes a CRRRURURURUR sound. when the car is just chillin' and no music is playing it makes a whinning noise. Thing is, the subs are supposed to be able to put down 150 watts RMS per voice coil, 350 max, and The amp is only pushing 100 per channel bridged. With the cerwin vega setup I had in there before, It was only 100 watts, but it sounded AMAZING. it wasn't stupid crazy bass (though it did rattle the truck a bit) but the sound... my god I have yet to find a sub that hits the notes as undistorted as this did. Anyways, point is, the setup i have now is supposedly more powerful, the excursion looks good, but the damn things sound shitty, with really distorted sound, and even though they pop out, they look sick (not the good kind of sick) sorta like they're out of phase, and they produce little to no bass at all. My brother and I think its a crap amp. what are you guys thinking?

Edit: sorry if it's a bit hard to read, I kinda ranted there <_<
Last edited by OmarG on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#81445 Connections are all double-checked and triple-checked as well?

Could be the cabin differences between the hyundai and your civic that creates a difference in quality of sound as perceived by your ear as well.

Take it out and hook it up in your house somewhere and test it again maybe?
By OmarG
#81448 yup. I replaced the RCA's and moved the ground from the bottom of my seat, to the battery terminal . The negative wire isn't that long, only two feet. I've even tried two other subs on it too. I'll take the setup out of the car and try it out some other time. maybe over christmas break.
By ohDirka
#81456 is your remote wire and your rca's ran next to each other or your power and rca near each other?
By trustdestruction
D15kid wrote:is your remote wire and your rca's ran next to each other or your power and rca near each other?

only the second thing you mentioned should cause a problem