In Car Entertainment & Security
By rustyrex
#328479 i have a 95 cx and just got some factory tweeter pods. people have said the template is on the door itself. is it the fine raised line molded into the plastic?
Last edited by rustyrex on Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By crazy-88
#328498 might b able to get u a picture of the back tomorrow. that's if my sound deadner comes in.
By asianrob
#328499 its that fine raised line that is a circle near the top of the door panel
By rustyrex
#328503 It's like a wobbly circle. Thank you. Either I will cut it out correctly or ill be mixing some fiberglass to cover up my oops.
By crazy-88
#328537 edit: double post
Last edited by crazy-88 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By rustyrex
#328552 i just cut out along the line. i think i am actually gonna mount them side ways. i am getting better imaging like that. i will see once the rest of my equipment gets delivered and i can tune my Bit 1
By crazy-88
rustyrex wrote:i just cut out along the line. i think i am actually gonna mount them side ways. i am getting better imaging like that. i will see once the rest of my equipment gets delivered and i can tune my Bit 1

yeah your idea is much better, don't know why Honda aimed them as they did? :? :? :?
By rustyrex
#328564 I've seen them mounted straight up before, yours almost looks like they are pointed towards the dash. I plan on rewrapping my door panels and moulding the to the ABS anyways. I just have to wait for my amps and my optical cables.
By asianrob
#328566 i'd use a drill and a hole saw that size makes it a ton easier to do.
By crazy-88
#328568 here's some pics that I found. they are aimed pretty forward. kinda disappointed in Honda right now.

By rustyrex
#328573 Rob- I used a 2.5" hole saw and still had to grind the door. When I was drilling the hole I didn't know how they were supposed to mount. I thought they went sideways actually pointed towards the back. Then I googled them and realized the sorta pointed up. Acoustically having them pointed towards the back backs more sense for on axis listening. Right now I have blue door panels and grey tweeter pods. The blue vinyl is really beat up so I want to rewrap them. It's the perfect chance for me to just mold the pods to the door and rewrap them together.
By rustyrex
#328575 Crazy88- your pods look just like mine did when I first installed them. I cut off one of the legs for the metal bracket to try to rotate them. Then I realized the bracket were on the wrong side. I had to use the passenger bracket on the drivers door and vice versa. That allowed them to aim like factory. I'm still gonna make me own bra met though. I want them to lay sideways.
By 93sihatchguy
crazy-88 wrote:here's some pics that I found. they are aimed pretty forward. kinda disappointed in Honda right now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're good with fiberglass, couldn't you make a small mold and modify the factory cut out to aim the tweeter pods forward for better imaging? Vinyl would have to be redone on the door panel as well right? I'm just throwing this out there because of the custom work i've seen on diymobileaudio.......
By rustyrex
#329319 You wouldn't even need to make a mold. There are locating tabs on the back if the pods. If you grind them off and flip the brackets side to side he pods end up pointing more towards your ears.