In Car Entertainment & Security
By Trix
#326661 is there a way to put a double din in an eg?? i no there isnt any room for one in the stock location, so they make a center console for the EG??
or one that isnt over 300 bucks?
By Trix
#326672 thanks jin will look into that, looks like somwhat of a project to hook up the handbrake lol
By onibakagaijin
#326683 They earlier prelude models came with a center oriented e-brake location if you don't want an offset one. The EK console also is center oriented.
By Trix
#326752 ok cool now the only problem is that my interior is all brown including the dash, the black console is sooo going to look out of place lol
By onibakagaijin
#326767 Respray or find an example with a tan interior...not many but have seen them.
By Civic_HatchSI
Trix wrote:ok cool now the only problem is that my interior is all brown including the dash, the black console is sooo going to look out of place lol

Swap out the rest of your interior to black :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
#326794 They make brown audio consoles. But they are going to want a ton for em if you find one
By asianrob
#326897 i had a double din in my audio console. you can use the frame of the console and bolt the radio to that.

(my old EG sedan build thread)
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=101 ... c&start=60
By Trix
#326952 alright cool thanks guys been without net for a day and went crazy :x

and changing everything to black is going to be a ton of money since my entire interior besides my headliner is brown haha

also asian where at in OK?? OKC or tulsa?

could i get an ek console?? you know where the cup holders are and find a way to mount my 2 din in it?
By asianrob
Civic_HatchSI wrote:^^That looks good

thanks! i no longer own that car tho lol.

Trix wrote:alright cool thanks guys been without net for a day and went crazy :x

and changing everything to black is going to be a ton of money since my entire interior besides my headliner is brown haha

also asian where at in OK?? OKC or tulsa?

could i get an ek console?? you know where the cup holders are and find a way to mount my 2 din in it?

im out here in Tulsa.

Using an EK console will require some modding and i dont know how well that would look inside the EG

someone did the BB6 (?) or i guess the 92-96 Prelude center console and arm rest and it looks really nice.

i suggest just keeping an eye out for the Optional console. they can be found.
By 93sihatchguy
#327261 I put an EQ in mine along with a pocket. I kept my single DIN indash up in the stock location.
By panic989
#332107 I know in my hatch when I bought the car they had a double din in it before. What the did, now keep in mind I have no AC or heater so I have no use for climate control, they had just cut the center piece between the deck and CC and was able to get a double din in. Hope this helps.
By 93sihatchguy
panic989 wrote:I know in my hatch when I bought the car they had a double din in it before. What the did, now keep in mind I have no AC or heater so I have no use for climate control, they had just cut the center piece between the deck and CC and was able to get a double din in. Hope this helps.

Do you have pics of what it looks like?