In Car Entertainment & Security
By 92civicEGsedan
#316836 I think they are just fine how they are my friend had this set up for a while and only had 500 watts running to them and hit a 147 at the last competition he took them too and won it 3 years in a row with these subs and boxes
By 92civicEGsedan
#316837 And the way the box is tuned they don't really have much low bass but anything around 60 hz hits hard with them
By 92civicEGsedan
rustyrex wrote:Don't attempt to try to hit real low notes. Having the subs like that they have no loading wall. Basically they will be fighting themselves and dealing with standing waves. If your set on having them there do a wall.

To be honest I have no clue what you mean
By 92civicEGsedan
rustyrex wrote:Honestly man. Build a proper ported box tuned around 30 hrs and put it in your trunk.

And the box is already ported and my friend said the boxes are tuned between 30-40 I can't remember which one it is though
By 92civicEGsedan
gtstripes wrote:holy fucken shit, more pics of the set up hahaha thats awesome!

By 92civicEGsedan
#318546 Ok well I'm tired of having the subs like that I miss being able to lean the seats back and having the boxes like that has them stopped almost vertical so I'm going to try tomorrow to put them vertical so I can push the them farther back and fix my seat how it was and while I'm at it I'll try to remove the 12 in the trunk it was a bitch getting in(had to remove the spare then hold the box up so my dad could put the spare back in) and then I'll probably move my amp so it can have better air flow to keep it cooler. I think I'll have to remove the bottom part of the back seat so the boxes can even fit in there vertical since I think they are to tall with it and while I'm at it I might as well hook up the lights that are in it too
By 92civicEGsedan
#318547 And they broke the metal piece that hold the rear view mirror on the window also
By 92civicEGsedan
#318589 Image

The boxes are now vertical and I recline my seats more :D and the amp has been moved to the floor behind the passenger seat so it's not in the trunk with no movable air
By 92civicEGsedan
93sihatchguy wrote:Wow....

Don't say a thing hahaha