In Car Entertainment & Security
By blueyes
#267975 Hi guys, hope you can help me out

I've just installed a Slimatic Lite car alarm on my 95 hatch. As you can see from the diagram below, it has two output wires (#6 and 8 white-yellow wires) to be tapped into the hazard light:

compared to other alarm brands which only have one output wire to be tapped into the Parking lights (the only red-black wire in the cluster)

now i'm wondering if i can directly tapped the two output wires separately to the left and right Turn signal light wires on the combination switch under the steering column cover, i believe the green-blue is for the left and the green-yellow for the right. Is it as simple as that or do i need to install diodes or relay? will this work on the civic? i know that euro cars like the bimmer has separate left and right signal circuits, that's why instead of the parking lights, gauge cluster and backlight their turn signal lights are the ones to blink whenever the alarm is operated

i really wanted my turn signals to blink with the alarm, i just hope my line of thinking is correct

will wait for your responses

Rob from the Philippines
By deschlong
#268458 Here's the wiring diagram for the turn signals:

It looks to me that you *can* connect your wires up to the turn signal wires at the combination switch. Provided your turn signal is off, then there's no chance of grounding out through the hazard relay, and the turn signals will flash when you set your alarm.

Greetings from Canada.

Hey - since you're in Manila, I should ask: Do you ever stop by Kaizen auto center? They have a lot of nice Civic parts - mostly JDM stuff. Here's what I mean: http://s7.zetaboards.com/teamhondaphili ... /988084/1/ (might need a user name to see?)
By ExCoupe94
#268524 hmmm both wires are white/yellow so im guessing they are one in the same! 1 extra to convenience/confuse you. take one and plug it into the parking light circuit on the fuse panel(above the fuses in the panel there are 5 spots that will take a standard spade 2nd from the pass side is the park light circuit). if the alarm doesnt have a built in relay for the flashers then white/yellow--->relay--->park light circuit.
By blueyes
#268538 thanks for the reply guys, after a long thought i decided to just tap the 2 white-yellow tires seaparately to the L&R turn signal lights and guess what - it worked, yahoo!

now my alarm is like a bimmer, the signal lights flash instead of the parking lights

plus, installed a buzzer for the parking light which is really handy if you happen to tunn off the engine first before the lights

deschlong; yup, i know where he gets his jdm stuffs from. he is not really an importer but rather buys by the bulk from the importers and sells them locally. my friend is one of his suppliers. but i must admit he has good jdm stuffs, and so are other shops here ;)

thanks again