In Car Entertainment & Security
By Tugboat
#255242 so i went out and got a new radio cause my pioneer is rather old anyways i got some alpine and i wired up the harness and everything and nothing, so i checked my fuse and everything was fine so i exchanged the deck well later on after rewireing the new one it still doesnt work, so i tried it in my lincoln and it worked, i tried my old radio that came with the car (original casette) and it worked fine, so what i dont understand is why any aftermarket radio will not work even tho one was when i pulled it, and all of a sudden just doesnt, does anyone know why this isnt working
By Tugboat
familyEGuy23 wrote:Did u check your ground?

yeah i grounded to the chassis and the wireharness from the car and still nothing and yes i sanded down the paint crap so it was bare metal
By Classiccarsrule85
#255250 all the wiring is correct ? id ground it in the harness

but anyhow just to get it working id just hook up power and negative in the adapter harness and see whats going on you may just have a loose or broken connection in that not making contact with your oe harness.....
By Tugboat
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:all the wiring is correct ? id ground it in the harness

but anyhow just to get it working id just hook up power and negative in the adapter harness and see whats going on you may just have a loose or broken connection in that not making contact with your oe harness.....

well atually i hard wired it straight to the original wireing, and still wont work but before i took my pioneer deck it worked fine so i took this one out and nothin works so i tried hardwireing it all the wires are proper and still nothing but the original radio works and this new aftermarket one works to as i put it in my daily to see if it indeed did work and it worked so i dont understand why any aftermarket decks are just not working
By Tugboat
#255342 k well 603jdm helped me out and got the issue sorted out wasnt getting enough power or something So yeah, but sincei cut the harness i used this thing http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Ho ... 466017.pdf to hardwire it since im gunna be the only one to own this car forever and i doubt anyone will put the stock radio in if i ever do sell it, also i used it when i first got the car and didnt know how to take it out but yeah might be decent to sticky for the new folks but yeah radioage again :woot:
By 603 jdm
#255401 always glad to help haha, gotta love loud stereos :twisted:
By LSVTIEG
#255599 i'd start by testing your power wires to make sure you have the correct 12volt constant power & switched power with test light & volt meter as well as checking every fuse in both fuse boxes.