In Car Entertainment & Security
By neo27ny
#250443 Do the sedan front doors have speaker mounts stock? The guy I got the car from had the speakers just hanging in the doors and I couldn't get the covers to fit on right. They don't look like correct speakers anyway. There are four plastic screw mounting holes but the speakers don't line up with them, I was thinking they are to mount a bracket? I am asking because I can't seem to find any. I am sure they are supposed to fit 6.5 in speakers. I am not having any luck getting my speakers in there.
By FrAnKeNsTeIn
neo27ny wrote:Do the sedan front doors have speaker mounts stock? The guy I got the car from had the speakers just hanging in the doors and I couldn't get the covers to fit on right. They don't look like correct speakers anyway. There are four plastic screw mounting holes but the speakers don't line up with them, I was thinking they are to mount a bracket? I am asking because I can't seem to find any. I am sure they are supposed to fit 6.5 in speakers. I am not having any luck getting my speakers in there.

They are 6.5's and yes it came with mounting plate about 1.5'' thick.

You should have been able to pop the grill off and mount the speakers without removing the door panel.

If it’s missing, any audio store can get you adaptor plates or HERE.

Edit: Link forces you to locate yourself and re search the part.

This is pic of what I linked to, searched "Speaker".
#1 "BRACKET, FR. SPEAKER SEAL (160MM)" (no part #) $11.58 EA

Edit: Just a note, you will have to remove the panel to mount the bracket correctly. Its easy just don’t forget the tiny pin behind the crank.
Last edited by FrAnKeNsTeIn on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By neo27ny
#250535 yep that's the part thanks I was looking everywhere. :thumb:

Is the website called eStore? I registered and logged in but I am not finding how to order online it is taking me to a dealer list. nvm I got it I had to choose a dealer to order through.
By suspendedHatch
#250602 People throw them away when they fit aftermarket speakers because the new speakers wont fit. Stock speakers are very shallow and not quite the same diameter.
By neo27ny
#252157 will aftermartket 6.5" speakers fit these?
By LSVTIEG
neo27ny wrote:will aftermartket 6.5" speakers fit these?

yes but the back of the plastic may need to be cut away depending on the depth of the aftermarket speaker.
By Ben
FrAnKeNsTeIn wrote:
neo27ny wrote:Do the sedan front doors have speaker mounts stock? The guy I got the car from had the speakers just hanging in the doors and I couldn't get the covers to fit on right. They don't look like correct speakers anyway. There are four plastic screw mounting holes but the speakers don't line up with them, I was thinking they are to mount a bracket? I am asking because I can't seem to find any. I am sure they are supposed to fit 6.5 in speakers. I am not having any luck getting my speakers in there.

They are 6.5's and yes it came with mounting plate about 1.5'' thick.

You should have been able to pop the grill off and mount the speakers without removing the door panel.

If it’s missing, any audio store can get you adaptor plates or HERE.

Edit: Link forces you to locate yourself and re search the part.

This is pic of what I linked to, searched "Speaker".
#1 "BRACKET, FR. SPEAKER SEAL (160MM)" (no part #) $11.58 EA

Edit: Just a note, you will have to remove the panel to mount the bracket correctly. Its easy just don’t forget the tiny pin behind the crank.

nice structure friend i like your plane .
By neo27ny
#265371 Is there speaker brackets that go in the back? The guy had small subwoofers screwed in through the sheet metal. I don't see how to mount a regular speaker there. I searched an online parts diagram and I don't see anything for rear speakers. This is for a sedan.
By neo27ny
#272345 My 6.5's don't fit. I got speaker mounts used, they were cut up to fit speakers it looks like but my speaker circumference doesn't come close to lining up with the holes. i'm not sure what to make of this everywhere says they are 6.5's. I'll recheck but I don't think they are going to fit.