In Car Entertainment & Security
By scrambledeg
#173628 Any other ideas? I need one that tells me how to hook the stuff up
By edcortez9
#173639 im a alarm installer.. do you need help on installing the full alarm?
By edcortez9
#173832 ok first of ylou need the wiring diagram of the car i believe they gave you a link to it.. and you need the manual of the car.. you tap the wires you need like 12volt ignition assessory etc. the alarm will tell you which wires you need..

as far as it being manual you have 2 options..

you can bypass the clutch electically not mechanically.. the clutch pedal has a harness with 2 wires you have to join those 2 wires together

the bad part about it is you can start the car with out pressing the clutch and if you have it one gear and remote start it the car will go...

the second option i dont think you will be able to do.. you basically have to ground the shifter and put springs on each side of the shift knob and use the ground auxilary that shuts off the remote start that way yo ucan only turn on the remote star when its on neutral.. but i think i lost you so you are better off with the 1st option but you have to be careful..

i pretty much just gave you the basic instructions if you need step by step let me know
By scrambledeg
#173921 I heard about groundin the shifter. I rather do that cause it seems much safer but ill probly just do the first option. If you don't mind could you give me a step by step
By edcortez9
#174230 ok weel first off you need to get the wiring diagram for the car... and next you will need to take off the bottom piece of the dash from the driver side there you will find the ignition switch wires which are white, black white, black yellow, and another color the diagram says what are the wires for and the viper 5901 has a harness of thick wires which are 3 red yellow purple blue orange and green...

the manual will tell you what colors are for... for example the 3 reds are for 12volt and the 12 volt of the car is white so you tap those 3 wires into white.. ignition is yellow on the alarm and on the car its gonnna be black yellow so you tap the yellow and so onwith each color.. the starter wires which is balck white has to be cut and you use if im not mistaken purple and green on each end..

you just need to find each wires and tap to them you should try to do it and if youre stuck just let me know exaclty what you need help on
By chilango41
#174305 I want to watch this post, because I plan on instaliing an alarm my self :D
By suspendedHatch
#174365 You wont be bypassing the clutch since that alarm is designed for both manual trans and auto. You simply install it, program it to manual trans mode, read the owners manual on how to active it, and go.

The link to the site posted will get you 95% there. If you can post a link to the manual we can get you to 100%. I know it's available online but I don't feel like searching for it.
By scrambledeg
#174473 Are the 5101 model and the 5901 the same, do the have the same connections?
By scrambledeg
#174501 Connected everything it says to but the car won't start, what do you think the problem is?
By edcortez9
#174508 there is a neutral safety switch wire you need to ground that and as well there is a toggle switch that need to be connected and on