- Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:37 pm
I don't drive this car very much, so I unhook the negative cable from the battery. I'm not sure if doing that is a good idea. The negative side is easier to take off. Does it matter if you take the - off instead of the + side? So I decided to drive it this morning. I popped the hood, put on and tightened the negative cable. I started the engine and turned on the wipers to get the dew off the windshield. And the wipers worked way faster then they ever have. So, I turned the lights on, to see what would happen, and they blew out. Nice expensive bulbs gone. I noticed my battery light was on. My alternator and battery are only about 3000 old. I drove it 6 miles to work. The battery light went off and came on a few times. Everything else worked fine. I only had to work a couple hours this morning. So, I drove it the six miles home. This time the battery light never came on and the wipers work like they used to and I had no other problems on the way home. Any ideas as to what could cause this?