ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By poke410
#314561 Hey guys i recently picked up a nifty ej1 and my battery keeps on draining to the point where the car wont start if i leave it for more than 24 hours without running
the previous owner says he put a new battery in 6 months ago and the only electrical issue he had was with the rear brake lights.
So whats my problem, do i have a busted battery or a major drain coming from somewhere?
Should i check the fuses?
also should i leave it parked with the battery disconnected until i can sort it out?
thanks guys
By ExCoupe94
#314786 so what u wanna do is get one of them multimeters unless u have one already just make sure it has an amperage setting disconnect the positive battery terminal and puts the meter in between the battery and battery cable with the car completely off (make sure the dome light is off and doors are shut) it SHOULD read somewhere in the .025 amps range or less if u have something drawing battery current it will be significantly higher than that so once u verify that u indeed do have something draining your battery start removing fuses one at a time have a buddy watch the meter and notify u when it goes down to a normal range .025 or less once u pinpoint the offending fuse identify it and now u will have a lot better idea of where to look.