ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By Datsmart
#311916 I prefer analog.

Digital usually requires you to "Read" a number and then analyze that number in your mind and decide if that is too high or low and make the required action.

Analog can be "Read" at a glance just by noticing the position the needle is at on the scale and make your action.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#312074 I have always ran Digital Gauges.

But i think its more of a prefrence.

reason I like digital is cuz if its like a boost gauge you have less places you can develop a vacume leak so thats why I like it. :thumb:
By necropaulis
#312122 I like to mix and match depending on what it is. I use needles for pressure and digi for electrical.
By EJ1_MK
Datsmart wrote:I prefer analog.

Digital usually requires you to "Read" a number and then analyze that number in your mind and decide if that is too high or low and make the required action.

Analog can be "Read" at a glance just by noticing the position the needle is at on the scale and make your action.

Not all gauges need to be read there are digital gauges that function like analog.

The only real difference is that you will get a better reading off a digital gauge since the sensor is going to be closer and its going to send the signal. Really most gauges are either mechanical or electric, electric is preferred over mechanical. As far as digital is the same as electric with a better sensor unit.
By DontHateonEG8
#312208 I'd take digital gauges for stuff like temperatures (oil, water, trans, etc.) simply because temperature is a number that doesnt change rapidly.

analog for stuff like pressure, af, speed, rpm because the change in those parameters is a necessity, like for example how fast your oil pressure drops, etc.