ECU, Wiring, Sensors
By ikon
#261252 the car died at a light. it turned over in the parking lot i pulled into but wouldnt start. i push started it and it started and i drove it for a few minutes then it shut off and now has no power. no lights or switches work. nothing. when i towed it home my friend said the brake lights worked. we hooked up the battery to jumper cables but still no power. any suggestions????
By Classiccarsrule85
#261267 check all your grounds, especially the ones on the inner fender walls. would be a start. then after that id also check you main relay id check if you pumps working or anything like that. but first id check grounds and of coarse any fuses
By ikon
#261273 i checked fuses they are good. the battery is good just dead which leads me to believe its the alternator. im taking that off now to replace but does that seem like a symtom off all the problems i posted, a bad alternator???
By RWMIII
ikon wrote:i checked fuses they are good. the battery is good just dead which leads me to believe its the alternator. im taking that off now to replace but does that seem like a symtom off all the problems i posted, a bad alternator???

yes it does. id test it first before replacing to be 100% sure.
By ikon
#261426 the alternator is fine....... now what. i think that the alternator touched the supercharger and grounded out something. what do i do now???
By 95c1v1c
#261513 Now you have to replace your main 80A fuse undder hood...next time disconnect battery bfore alternator! Do u have d16 with supercharger?
By ikon
#261522 that fuse is fine...... yessah im supamacharged on ma d series!!!! :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#261549 alrite well if yourbattery isnt charging id see how the wire that runs from the alternator to the fuse box is may need to replace that ive had buddies that have had this wire ground out and it separates or dosent charge the battery....

im not a 100% sure that this is the culprit but if it grounded out that may be the issue
By ikon
#261550 how bout the main relay? would a bad one cause the dash lights and fuel pump not to turn on?
By Classiccarsrule85
#261583 itd definately not allow for the fuel pump unsure about the dashlights
By ikon
#261598 i got power now and car turns over but no spark...... distributor maybe????
By dawg316
#261728 no spark usualy means bad distributor, better yet bad ignitor inside the distributor. but in your case i would check the power source entering the dizzy. seems like you got some wiring / ground issues. if you can get a free dizzy to swap in just to try before buying. i recommend that. because swaping in parts is always easier then diagnosing
By ikon
#262098 yeah i know but everyone around here goes b series hahahaha sohc FTMFW!!!!!!! :thumb: im gonna disassemble j5 this mutha fuckin distributor and check it.