K20 & K24
By civicTLk
#53367 i pop the hood on my friends 07 accord i see a k-23, im thinking if it pulls this car imagine what it could to do to my hatch. theres a big size difference. so its just my luck that my boys car gets rear-ended by a truck. its a waist of his time to fix it so before he junked it i popped the motor out. so now i have a extra motor and dont know what to do with it. any ideas?

thanks alot
By civicTLk
#53374 is it a good idea?
By LowTEC-Derbo
#53376 http://hasport.com/shop/product_info.ph ... cts_id=119

well that is up to you. Its not just a drop in motor... it involves cutting the shifter area and drilling out your transmission side mount. Besides that its almost straight forward just expensive..
By civicTLk
#53379 how expensive?
By chrono404
civicTLk wrote:how expensive?

You shouldn't ask yourself "How Expensive." You should be asking How fun will it be when Done. It will probably be one of the first K23a Engines into an EG Hatch. You just drop it like any Kblock and run all the wiring you got from your home boys Accord. Once Done your EG Will Rip Hella hard.

If decide to not do the swap. Sell me the Turbo.
By Outkast-Jayco
#53471 Just a suggestion...I am no expert but I did a little research on this....the K23A1 is the RDX VF turbo 2.3 engine....however the RDX is AWD so if your friend was able to get it in his accord you might wanna see what tranny he used and make sure it all lines up and works on an EG (I read that this is what everyone is having trouble with when trying to do this swap) I couldnt find anyone who did it successfully....also double check with hasport that those mounts work for the K23A1 engine because it may not (different specs).....if you find a way to do it I would do it no matter what the cost....its rare and the VFT will rip in an EG.....good luck man!
By civicTLk
#53477 i SOLD my hatch :(

but im looking at a coupe now, its well kept and in great condition :thumb:
By BurqueB16
#59896 a coupe is even better! do it!!! :hehe:
By franklinhid
BurqueB16 wrote:a coupe is even better! do it!!! :hehe:
4drt is even better

4dr>coupe>hatch

:hehe: :hehe:
By King-K
#83233 BuMp!!!!