K20 & K24
By poorman type-r
#231497 Does a K20z3 tranny bolt up to a K20a3?
By JUICE
#231499 pretty sure all the K trannys are interchangeable.

i remember a guy switching from the 6 speed to a 5 speed for his boosted K24/K20A2 combo
By 93hatcheg
#231500 Should be same as every honda series. All d series work all b series work all h/f work (exception of s2k) so I would assume all k series work
By TrailerTrash
#231505 ^ what they said. the only thing I can think of that would be different might be the spline count on the input shafts but honestly i don't know jack poop about Ks
By Gustavo
TrailerTrash wrote:^ what they said. the only thing I can think of that would be different might be the spline count on the input shafts but honestly i don't know jack poop about Ks

:lol: :lol: Jack Poop :lol: :lol:
By asianrob
#231651 they all bolt up together its just that the ACCORD AND TSX Trannys WILL NOT MOUNT UP TO THE CHASSIS unless you buy the other mount which i think is already out.
By TrailerTrash
Gustavo wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:^ what they said. the only thing I can think of that would be different might be the spline count on the input shafts but honestly i don't know jack poop about Ks

:lol: :lol: Jack Poop :lol: :lol:

keeping it PG :D
By poorman type-r
#231712 Thanks for all the help guys. One more question for ya..

If you have a k20a3 already in a hatch can you drop it and bolt up a z3 with all the same parts you used for the a3?

Sounds confusing but you know what I mean.... I hope. Haha :thumb:
By chrono404
asianrob wrote:they all bolt up together its just that the ACCORD AND TSX Trannys WILL NOT MOUNT UP TO THE CHASSIS unless you buy the other mount which i think is already out.

x2
The other mount is from Hasport.

You can't Use Element Transmissions or Acura RDX Transmissions. Which is a shame as they are offered in Sexy AWD Versions, Regardless they dont have mounts to fit in an EG/DC/Delsol.

poorman type-r wrote:Thanks for all the help guys. One more question for ya..

If you have a k20a3 already in a hatch can you drop it and bolt up a z3 with all the same parts you used for the a3?

Sounds confusing but you know what I mean.... I hope. Haha :thumb:

You can remove the a3 and swap everything over to the z3 and put it back in yes.
By poorman type-r
#231890 Ok we are doing the swap and the a3 manifold doesn't match up on the z3. What can we do. Could we put the a3 throttle body on the z3 manifold
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:pretty sure all the K trannys are interchangeable.

i remember a guy switching from the 6 speed to a 5 speed for his boosted K24/K20A2 combo

A k20z1 tranny will not bolt up to a k20a due to it having a diff bolt holes on the bolck on the block and the speed sensor.. =] :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#233533 Manifolds you should really just use the manifold that came with it if you have room for it.. and tb's k tuned makes adapter plates so you can turn a drive by wire engine into a throttle cable engine as far as tb goes....

K parts are expensive and if u shell out the cash for it you will be happier in the long run....

If I remember right you can take the rocker assembly out of a real vtec k head and cams too.. use a kpro... and throw them into the ep3 k engine and people's r making 200whp on that alone... u can use a type s ecu as well it will run a lil rich though...

U want the injectors from the real vtec head as well because there is a 40cc to 60cc difference between injectors for the k engines

Just and idea for ya....

And check out k20a.org for k questions there are a lot of people who have tested this sh!t out already