K20 & K24

what engine swap should i get for my eg? DD

33%
67%
By DREW-EG93
#150712 So i have a bit of cash coming in and a couple of mechanic buddies that wil help with a swap in my 93 hatch... i have a del sol d16 vtec inside but need something with more kick for a DD.

here are my options>>>>

go with a rsx type s swap with 6 speed tranny

but im not sure if that will get me into trouble with the cops here

also the pain it would be to find parts for this. also how loud would it be noticable if i had that under my hood?

then the other option would be b20 vtec

but i hear the compression isnt that great because it has thinner walls and it has the tendency to break down alot.

everyone is telling me to just go with something i can bar but i dont mind paying for my smog the illegal way 8)
By chrono404
#150761 Video of a 220WHP B20vtec EG Sedan stopping out a 220whp K20a2 EK

I was going over this question myself. Except I was thinking of either swapping to a K24a2(TSX) or a B20vtec, or a Lsvtec w/ USDM b16 pistons.

I would recommend the B Series route, The intital swap itself will be much easier, wont have to worry about wiring in the K or get the expensive jumper harness's. B Series are also more stealthy then K's.

A B20vtec, thats properly built would be more daily driver friendly then a B16. Having more torque is huge on a daily commute. Also Since you already have a b16(and b16 tranny?) It will be cheaper to go with a B18/b20vtec build then swapping to a K Series.

if you go with a B Series, you should decide if your going to go b20b/z or b18a/b. B20b/z blocks have 33% less sidewalls then B18 blocks. If your going to go N/A go with the b20z(99spec jdm b20b), It has a Higher compression ratio and will very similar to stock b16 compression with the b16 head. b20b/z are also 84mm Bore so they have less piston options. B18 blocks are a 81mm bore and can take all b16, b17 and b18 pistons.
If you want to boost go with a B18a/b as they have have 33% more sidewall then the B20b/z

Also stay away from the b20a and b21a they are known as the "Bastard B's" and come from late 80's preludes. they are not comptable with Modern B Series that came in CRX's, Civics, Integras and CRV's.