H22A
By -EJ1- COUPE
#4073 :( i did a compression check yesterday because my car has been running funny for a while so the conclusion is i lost most of my compression in 2 cylinders. now the quest to rebuild and make more then 500 ponies begins..... i will be building the motor for boost, h-b conversion, a full cage, and much much more.... i will post pics and update often
By ChicagoMike
#4075 Which cylinders, whats the actuall comp test numbers???
By vtec_gloucester
#4076 oh dear - sorry to hear it mate... gd luck with the new build tho.
By -EJ1- COUPE
#4235 its a jdm h22 so it should have around 220. but mine were 170,110,180,220 and it runs like complete shit at least thats what i remember them being
By ChicagoMike
#4237 Did you back up the compression test with a leakdown test??
By ChicagoMike
#4239 The leak down will tell you if its in the head of the block. Thats what we did on my old block. We did the compression test and it came back even...but low. 170 across the board. We followed it up with a leakdown and decided the problem was in the block, piston rings to be exact.
By chnzgoofball
#4258 damn... sorry to hear that...
By -EJ1- COUPE
#9658 motor is out and its on my basement floor will post pics later
By Sire
#13712 That sucks man...what are you rolling now...?
By -EJ1- COUPE
#13717 im in the process of gettin another dx coupe 5 hundies pickin it up tomorow and doin a d16z6 swap with a hacked together turbo kit i need something fast.. but im rebuilding my whole car you can see it under the coupe section :thumb: