H22A
By Ej2-B16a
#35475 I don't know, They really seem like they come a dime a dozen.. 200 BHP For almost the same amount of money that i paid for my B16a..

If I did this swap, Would i be able to use anything from my B series?

And what kinda #'s does a h22 put down? I was told it was 200 at the crank, But what does the dyno say?
By -EJ1- COUPE
#35476 its 200 hp at the crank about 180hp to the wheels but the torque is what is better. you cannot use anything from a b. if i were you i would buy a longblock and an h2b kit since you already have a b16. then you can use the existing tranny shift linkage and axles. then sell your b16 to someone to get some money back. you will not regret having an h22 believe me those were the best days ever drving that car.
By Ej2-B16a
#35479 I know man, your ride inspider me haha. It seems like a really smart idea, Ill keep it real back in the day when i had some problems with my B16A (exhaust leak , stock piping etc..) My B16A only put down 122.7 which was just lame.. :thumbdown: Could of payed like 200-300 $ extra and got a H series,

And what is this whole H2H thing? sorry im a newb at H series, Is that like a conversion for the tranny or something?
By -EJ1- COUPE
#35480 the h2b kit is a complete kit to bolt up a b series tranny to an h motor. evolution sells them :thumb: comes with bellhousing adapter,flywheel spacer,mounts, brakets everything. :thumb: you just need the tranny and acles and linkage and your done. the kit is like 1300 but well worth it a longblock is a g and you will be happy
By Ej2-B16a
#35502 Do you still have your H ej2?
By 0p71mu5pr1m3
#35505 You only got 122.7 WHP out of you B16? Sound like you've got some issues. And the H22A, which would be your best bet, make about 170hp to the crank, and weighs more than the B16. Depending on your application, if your wanting more of a drag setup, then the H2B would be good for you, but building an H for boost is pretty costly from what i understand, but they can make pretty good power NA. The B16 would be better for an autocross and track performer due to weight balance and what not, and you can rebuild the motor and get it ready for boost.
By Ej2-B16a
#35561 Im in a dilemma now....

Buy a SOHC and just beat on it for a while and do my N/A build on the b16.

OR

Sell the b16 and do h22 swap (and wait for turbo even longer :thumbdown: )??

what would you guys say
By -EJ1- COUPE
#35565 i dont have it anymore but the kid that has it now wants to sell it. a jdm h22a would be best its higher compression and more power then us h22's it is also a closed deck block as well better for boost
By Ej2-B16a
#35598 How about the B16, I know they are always coming out with better #'s when boosted just like most cars, But iv seen some N/A B series that would just eat up a turbo....

Screw the singlecam, I can live with out a car for 2-3 weeks,

It took me like 3 weeks at schol to completly rebuild a 305 chevy V8

I think I can rebuild a B16 in like 2 weeks if I have all the parts.

(it sounds like a cheaper solution too then turbo, But its hard everytime i see chicago mikes car makes me fall in deep love with N/A, Then i see the #'s that LowTEC-Derbo is making with a SOHC!! then i fall in love with boost,

THEN! i see the #'s that a H22 makes stock and it makes me want that...... Duno what to do anymore :?
By Method
#38246 an H is a great investment. it doesn't weigh much more then the b. only about 40-60lbs. i guy in my city has an h22 in an eg and he ran a 14 flat at the track. i love the torque in the h22.
By Gorveatt
Method wrote:an H is a great investment. it doesn't weigh much more then the b. only about 40-60lbs. i guy in my city has an h22 in an eg and he ran a 14 flat at the track. i love the torque in the h22.

Hey Brandon glad to see you on this site :thumb: should introduce yourself to everyone 8)
By h22aEG
#38494 go with a H swap. Not many people have them and their great. Stock with a tune should be around 170 territory.

My H put down 176whp with a built, sleeved, bored motor with LC pistons with Skunk2 mani and 70mm throtte body.
By hndaraver
#43181 ok im new to this but i know a few things about the h series but i just got an eg sedan and i was wondering if you can put the h23 in it? is there any difference than the h22 or just go vtec h22??? tell me what you think
By h22aEG
hndaraver wrote:ok im new to this but i know a few things about the h series but i just got an eg sedan and i was wondering if you can put the h23 in it? is there any difference than the h22 or just go vtec h22??? tell me what you think

yeah you can swap a h23 into a EG. But as for power...go h22. Dont waste your time with a h23.