H22A
By foxgearshift
#294850 its been a wile since i visited the web site due to traveling to diffrent locations and the time was reall tight all working and working :( but finally i am back to start my stage two project
you all know that i faced an axle problem and that was a pain in the a** really and it turned out to be the outer cv joint!! replaced it and that problem disapeard but i have to stay with the stock hight.
now to start the stage2 i have been searching a lot on how to turbo my engine on stock and realised its not worth it, better do it right at first time. so i will be getting Darton dry sleeves, cp pistons, manley rods, S2 retainer, S2 valves, S2 springs, etc will post all about the parts after 2 months when i get the job started, i am hoping civic-eg guys to help me out on the transmission side, currently i have m2b4 and many people told me it cannot hold 500whp due to it having a weak synchros and i know that is the fact but if i rebuild it and used carbon synchro set like the one http://www.teammfactory.com/carbon-lined-synchros or http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/SYN-109-Prelude-H22-1-5-Carbon-Synchro-Set-SYN-109.htm have would it handle that much power???? i wont drive the car daily its my weekend car and it will be mostly for the drag.
By Eg6H2D
foxgearshift wrote:its been a wile since i visited the web site due to traveling to diffrent locations and the time was reall tight all working and working :( but finally i am back to start my stage two project
you all know that i faced an axle problem and that was a pain in the a** really and it turned out to be the outer cv joint!! replaced it and that problem disapeard but i have to stay with the stock hight.
now to start the stage2 i have been searching a lot on how to turbo my engine on stock and realised its not worth it, better do it right at first time. so i will be getting Darton dry sleeves, cp pistons, manley rods, S2 retainer, S2 valves, S2 springs, etc will post all about the parts after 2 months when i get the job started, i am hoping civic-eg guys to help me out on the transmission side, currently i have m2b4 and many people told me it cannot hold 500whp due to it having a weak synchros and i know that is the fact but if i rebuild it and used carbon synchro set like the one http://www.teammfactory.com/carbon-lined-synchros or http://shop.synchrotech-transmissions.com/SYN-109-Prelude-H22-1-5-Carbon-Synchro-Set-SYN-109.htm have would it handle that much power???? i wont drive the car daily its my weekend car and it will be mostly for the drag.

Awesome update bud! gald you resolved the Axle issue!!!

So yes u want those synchros they will hold better also! upgrade your Differential to hold that power too. im not sure what the m2b4 trans brings. But definately something to look into. also if anyone in your area can get your gear cryo hardened that would be an upgrade on it's own for durability. we do it here throught Nitrofreeze.com! i can get a deal , but your all the way over there and shipping would be a pain..
Also look at synchrotechtransmission.com. good stuff there!!! all the infor you need!!

PM me if your interested in the cryo treatment!!
and ill give you
Good luck with the turbo build!!!! should be a beast. mines is almost done aswell!! :thumb:
By foxgearshift
EG6b20R wrote: upgrade your Differential to hold that power too.
PM me if your interested in the cryo treatment!!
and ill give you
Good luck with the turbo build!!!! should be a beast. mines is almost done aswell!! :thumb:

thanks bro :thumb:
is there a company that makes quaife lsd for m2b4? or the one Mfactory has is the right one to get? all i know is the quaife lsd wont fit m2b4 case? not sure really.

come on man almost done and u didnt update your post yet what r u waiting for put some pic's we wanna see it
By foxgearshift
#295268 after emailing "Patrick seto" from Mfactory regarding upgrading the LSD this is what he said
The gearset and the H22A helical LSD will physically fit however, the issue here is the fact that the M2B4 transmission has a 14bolt ring gear. This will NOT adapt to our LSD as our H22A helical is only a 10 bolt unit. For everything to fit together properly, you would also have to purchase either the factory final drive or one of our units.

so i asked about other Prelude, accord transmissions and he replyed
The best case scenario is to get a transmission without an LSD since we know for certain all NON-LSD transmissions used a 10 bolt ring gear

thought of share this info it could help some one some day.
By foxgearshift
#308538 i have been away for some time and couldnt do much on my car but now i am BACK and i have sent my car to Kuwait to a very nice and kind man who will be building and tuning my car hopefully it will be done by next week.

enjoy the pic's, i will be uploading whenever the builder send me the pic's so here we go

block sleeved and pistons are ready to go..

more to come soon :thumb:
By Laziz
#321541 Awesome build, man! Why not continue the thread?
By Eg6H2D
foxgearshift wrote:Image

KS balance shaft removal installed

:thumb: :thumb:

Looking good! Did you ever get the axle fitment issue situated?
By foxgearshift
#321864 hiiiii guys, i am really sorry that i have been away for a long time its just i have been moved to a diffrent location in the middle of the dessert because all of this demonstration that was going on here in the middle east east and there were no network or internet, you know how it is when you work in the military :cry: , promice will ubdate soon, for the axles i did solve the issue but not really sure if it will hold when drag as its a temporary solution. i have switched back to ek4 4 lugs cause my tuner gave me his drag rims for cheap so i had to change the outer cv's to a oem 32mm ones and no axle problem so far, let me get the rest of the pictures uploaded with full details so you know where am at with the project. :thumb: ,
By foxgearshift
#322076 Turbo project list:
CP pistons
Manly rod
Skunk2 Valve train with stock valves(will change them when i change the cams, looking for advise for this)
stock cams
KS balance shaft removal kit
custom made 3.5 IC and IC pipes
Dual ball bearing t3 6266 with 82ar
Precision 46mm wastegate
Tial BOV
competition clutch stage 4
ID 1000cc injectors
Hondata Boost control
AEM digital boost gauge
Blueridge motor sport twisted ram horn manifold
wallbro 255lph fuel pump
Stock fuel regulater

and here is my dyno run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJytwyTVW8
By foxgearshift
#322078 i had an overboosting problem we checked every thing we couldnt find where was the problem then i contact BRMS they asked me to run it without the wastgate and see if it builds boost we tried it and it did built boost so i asked for a replacement and they refused due to changing the wastegate flange even though that was not the problem he refused to send me a new one, so i have orderd a new AFI manifold but this time a v-band manifold and bought me precision v-band housing just waiting to install it and retune again hopefully it hold boost this time and get better numbers i am shooting to 500+ so lets see :pray:
By Eg6H2D
#322205 :thumb:

very nice! VBAND! Simplifying installs!!! :thumb: